11 posts
6 users
3k+ views
JohnL
November 11, 2008
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,558 posts
Scott,

Any way to change the rating system to apply the rating of a single post instead of the rating of a particular poster?

We all have a post or two that the masses don't like... I'm submitting this because I really liked a recent post of a poster, and their rating went from a 2 to a 5. Seems strange due to one post and one review.... I didn't like several previous posts of this poster, but I thought the current post (and maybe several others I didn't bother to rate) was spot on.

Rate the post and not the poster seems like a good mantra to me....
Roger Z
November 11, 2008
Member since 01/16/2004 🔗
2,181 posts
Quote:
We all have a post or two that the masses don't like

Heck, personally, I've got several even I don't like...
fishnski
November 11, 2008
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
One persons treasure post is another mans trash post...
Scott - DCSki Editor
November 11, 2008
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,251 posts
Hi John,

The Forums are the one part of DCSki where I didn't write the code from scratch. I use a commercial software package called UBB.threads to power the Forums. I try to avoid making changes to the code as I want to keep it in sync with new commercial releases, for example to apply security patches. So I'm afraid I'm not in a position to change the behavior of ratings system in the Forums. Sorry! I do try to update the Forum software from time to time, so if that feature makes it into UBB.threads, it will eventually flow through to DCSki.
Roger Z
November 11, 2008
2,181 posts
Using JohnL's proposal, see, that posting could have gotten one star. wink
JohnL
November 11, 2008
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,558 posts
Extending my logic even further, I think I'm gonna rate my life to be 2 stars. Maybe 3 stars during ski season.

Scott, this thread was just a random brain dump.
fishnski
November 12, 2008
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
I usually don't have the opportunity to feel bad about any of my posts...Scott deletes them before it gets to that point...Heck, sometimes whole threads!
Roger Z
November 12, 2008
2,181 posts
Quote:
I think I'm gonna rate my life to be 2 stars.

Wow I think SOMEONE needs a little powdah fix! Until then... where's the winter beer thread???
pagamony - DCSki Supporter 
November 7, 2010
Member since 02/23/2005 🔗
928 posts
just fyi... I have officially switched over to Winter Beer. Started today with a case of the basic Sammy Winter Lager. Actually started Halloween nite with a pint of homemade coffee stout over at a friends house, but that was just a recon trip. Now it is official. Skiing must be really close.
comprex
November 8, 2010
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts
*watches as German beer judge knocks 1 star off pagamony's rating for missing an official recon trip tasting report*
pagamony - DCSki Supporter 
November 9, 2010
Member since 02/23/2005 🔗
928 posts
oh that's cold as a witches you know what.

here, your trip report. candy, costumes, friends, good coffee stout home made beer, fun, home.

durham is the center of home made beer.

DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?