Anyone want to get together for Cross Training?
3 posts
3 users
1k+ views
JohnL
November 11, 2008
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
Tossing this one out. Final stretch until ski season. Better late than never.

I'm done with most of the yard repair that has kept me busy the past two months...

Anyone want to get together for a few hours on the next few weekends for some dry-land training to prep for ski season?

Possible options:
- Rollerblading. Distance or skillz.
- Biking (I'm sans bike, so I'll need to borrow my neighbor's road bike. Any MTB sales going on?)
- Trail running.
- Any weird pylometric or stair drills or other drills that you would feel stupid doing by yourself but would feel less stupid doing in a group. Not that any of us care what our neighbors think of us.

I can contribute a Voo-Doo balance board to any training madness.

Edit: I prolly should add. Margaritaville = Annandale, VA.

Edit to my Edit: All conditioning and skill levels welcome. The main point is to get our bodies moving and to get some peer pressure to get moving. Not a competition.
fishnski
November 12, 2008
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
Betterhalfski has been having major hot flashes so she keeps the house freezing....I've been getting accli-mated to the weather....& i have been slowly increasing my intake of beer & pizza.so I should be ready for opening day!
comprex
November 12, 2008
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts
Originally Posted By: JohnL

- Any weird pylometric or stair drills or other drills that you would feel stupid doing by yourself but would feel less stupid doing in a group. Not that any of us care what our neighbors think of us.

Did someone say "rainy Sunday stopped escalator laps followed by margaritas"?

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?