4 posts
2 users
1k+ views
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
November 7, 2008
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
http://www.snowbird.com/
Be sure to check out the video. Amazing for so early in the season. I recall my first trip to Alta about 35 years ago. I had only been skiing a couple of years, and always here in the mid-Atlantic. I hit Alta about 2 days after Thanksgiving and where there had been little snow 5 days before, there now was over six feet. I had no clue how to ski this powder stuff, and was in a mini avalanche.
Quite an experience. But there is no question---Alta and Snowbird are the mecca of skiing.
Enjoy the video.
The Colonel smile
David
November 7, 2008
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
Awesome video Colonel!! Thanks for posting. Only one problem though. I think you fell victim to a hoax. That video was clearly shot during mid-season, not in early November.... wink wink wink
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
November 7, 2008
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
I have skied and stayed at "The Bird" many times, and I always monitor their website during the season. My point, unless I provided the wrong link, and to get around this simply go to their website directly, I have full faith that any video they have on their website was taken at the date and time shown. Any place that receives an average snowfall of over 500 inches per year, and over 700 inches last year, most all the finest Utah powder has no reason to place false images on their website.
The Colonel smile
David
November 8, 2008
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
Sorry Colonel, I was being sarcastic. That was what the " wink wink wink " were for... I totally believe ya! BTW, I've watched that video 3 times now and I still love it. Thanks for posting!!

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.