Snowshoe - Where to stay with small dog?
7 posts
4 users
5k+ views
ymn
October 26, 2008
Member since 10/26/2008 🔗
4 posts
Hi, I'm thinking about taking my son snowboarding for a week at Snowshoe after Christmas. Does anyone know of any rentals that allow small dogs? She has never stayed at a kennel or with anyone else, so I'm looking for a place that will allow a dog. Thanks!
Bodyflight.net
October 26, 2008
Member since 02/19/2008 🔗
28 posts
As far as I understand it, there are only like 3 places on the mountain that will allow dogs. I recommend calling for your reservation to be sure you get what you want.

Last time we stayed with the dogs at one of the Leatherbark homes.. it was wonderful & lovely and we were very happy with it. Hardwood floors & a gated porch were great for all 3 of our pooches. Fortunately, they also don't care how many you take with you, nor do I believe I paid any extra deposit, but I could be wrong about that last one.

So.. Leatherbark and I think another one is in the Powderridge units
ymn
October 27, 2008
Member since 10/26/2008 🔗
4 posts
Thanks, I'll check them out.
Taylormatt
October 27, 2008
Member since 12/3/2004 🔗
339 posts
There are a few (at least there were in years past) options on VRBO.com

Nothing right in the village, but within driving distance for sure.
lbotta - DCSki Supporter 
October 27, 2008
Member since 10/18/1999 🔗
1,535 posts
REMAX Old Spruce has 14 pet friendly properties in their listings. These tend to go fast. You may go to them at http://snowshoevacationrentals.com and do a search clicking in the pet friendly box. Several Creekside, Wabasso, Powderidge and Whistlepunk are available as pet friendly. They also have houses at North and South Westridge. We used to have Summit as pet friendly and they were abused by renters, so the HOA passed a restriction that only owners could have pets. :-(
Bodyflight.net
October 28, 2008
Member since 02/19/2008 🔗
28 posts
Originally Posted By: lbotta
REMAX Old Spruce has 14 pet friendly properties in their listings. These tend to go fast. You may go to them at http://snowshoevacationrentals.com and do a search clicking in the pet friendly box. Several Creekside, Wabasso, Powderidge and Whistlepunk are available as pet friendly. They also have houses at North and South Westridge. We used to have Summit as pet friendly and they were abused by renters, so the HOA passed a restriction that only owners could have pets. :-(

Wow! I wonder if I was mislead or if they've added more!?!! Last time I called they still had the same 3 pet friendly units as the time before and they booked out quickly. We did manage to get one our last trip so the dogs got to go with. It was really most amazing to have them along..
lbotta - DCSki Supporter 
October 28, 2008
Member since 10/18/1999 🔗
1,535 posts
I wish there were more pet friendly units. One of the reasons for my not taking extended trips this year is that my Lab is now 13 and getting old. They're part of the family the same as any other member. As a matter of fact, he's the reason I bought a condo up at Snowshoe, to avoid the hassle of pet unfriendly accommodations.

I was really surprised in my recent visits to Whistler that more and more of the hotels have become pet friendly. Most Marriott Residence Inns are now, same as the Hilton's Homewood Suites. I may do a week in Tremblant this year, but he's coming with me.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.