Hidden Vally - Wisp alliance?
6 posts
5 users
2k+ views
oldensign - DCSki Columnist
October 17, 2008
Member since 02/27/2007 🔗
499 posts
Interesting - the deal is not so good. But the key is the second paragraph.

Maryland's Wisp Resort and Pennsylvania's Hidden Valley Four Seasons Resort are proud to announce a joint venture offering their Season Pass Holder's more value and more skiing. Unlimited Season Pass Holder's at Wisp Resort and Hidden Valley Resort will each receive one (1) complimentary full day non-holiday lift ticket along with a 50% discount off regularly priced lift tickets for their additional visits to the other resort, both available Sunday - Friday during the 2008-2009 winter season, excluding holiday periods

The resorts are approximately 45 miles apart. This perks program is the start of a developing relationship between Wisp Resort and Hidden Valley Resort to provide joint products benefiting loyal customers. "We look forward to other joint venture products and events between our resorts in the future," stated Michael Valach, Wisp Resort Director of Skier & Rider Services
Edgar3
October 17, 2008
Member since 05/29/2007 🔗
149 posts
Very interesting. Maybe this is a response to the 7S Laurel Mtn situation. It makes sense for them to gang up against 7S.

Would hope that there is more to it than what was announced, such as purchase of a multiday pass that works at both.
snowsmith - DCSki Supporter 
October 17, 2008
Member since 03/15/2004 🔗
1,578 posts
That is great news! This could push vacationers to stay beyond just a weekend. Make a 3 or 4 day holiday out of it.

Where did you get this information from?
Taylormatt
October 17, 2008
Member since 12/3/2004 🔗
339 posts
It's on Wisp's website.
WPABoarder
October 17, 2008
Member since 01/20/2006 🔗
22 posts
As a season pass holder to Hidden Valley, I think this is a great deal. My family and I will get the opportunity to ski another Resort on a Sunday, not just a weekday for free. For us that is a $397 value at no additional cost to us. It will be well worth the additional cost of gas to give the kids a new experience.
snowsmith - DCSki Supporter 
October 22, 2008
Member since 03/15/2004 🔗
1,578 posts
The announcement is on the HV website also. Has anybody received any direction from HV regarding pick-up of season passes? I went to the ski lodge this weekend to get my pass and it was closed. Another month and we'll be on the slopes!

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.