Snow making in Atlanta!
3 posts
3 users
1k+ views
bawalker
October 15, 2008
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
I saw this earlier today and was in amazement to see they could make snow outside of Atlanta. Secondly though was that on the webpage it makes it sound like the same snowmaking we have up here in the WV alps is some sort of amazing technology. That or we take it all for granted here...

http://www.snowmountainpark.com/snow_goodies/makingsnow.aspx
oldensign - DCSki Columnist
October 16, 2008
Member since 02/27/2007 🔗
499 posts
The drought must be over as last year they promoted this, but pulled the plug based on the lack of water.
lightguy
October 16, 2008
Member since 10/11/2005 🔗
19 posts
They're using lake water. I think last year it was more about bad PR about using water (even though they had it) durring a drought then anything.

Wasn't clear to me if they were making snow like they due up here or using some kind of special system to make it in one place (I've seen them use liquid CO2 to make snow in a tent on the beach in the summer) and then push it around. I could easily see a system inside some kind of building that could keep it 10 or 20 degrees colder than the outside which should be enough to make snow at night. Atlanta is kind of at the base of the mountains, and Stone Mountain (where this is) is in the mountains.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?