2 posts
1 user
1k+ views
Scott - DCSki Editor
September 1, 2001
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,249 posts
Hi folks!

Over the next month, I will be upgrading to a new dedicated server that will provide improved performance and capabilities for DCSki.

I will try to make this upgrade as seamless as possible and, with luck, all you will notice is that the site suddenly becomes faster.

However, DCSki relies on a lot of separate technologies and systems, and transferring all of these to a new system will be a challenge. I expect there will be some initial hiccups that I'll have to iron out.

And that's where I'd like to request your help: if you notice anything strange in the next several weeks (pages that don't load properly, strange error messages, e-mails that bounce, broken functionality), please let me know. If my regular e-mail address (scott@dcski.com) doesn't seem to be working, you may try sending e-mail to my alternative address, mscottsmith@earthlink.net.

Again, I don't expect there to be major problems, but would appreciate your help letting me know if you notice anything that looks odd.

Thanks!

- Scott

Scott - DCSki Editor
September 9, 2001
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,249 posts
Just a quick note: DCSki is now running on the new server, and the upgrade seems to have gone smoothly (although it took a lot of work behind the scenes!)

Now I'll be focusing on adding new features and new content. What new features would you like to see on DCSki this winter? Let me know!

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.