Stolen Bike (X-post from MTBR)
2 posts
2 users
2k+ views
David
October 6, 2008
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
Looks like this dude needs some help tracking down his stolen bike. I figured I would put it up over here since there are a lot of you guys in the DC area. It would be awesome to see this guy get his bike back.

From MTBR:

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.php?t=458271

Hello fellow bikers,

I was about to go riding yesterday. And when I arrived at my storage in the secured parking garage at my apartment. I was devistated to find a crappy city bike someone had switched for my prized intense mountain bike. Needless to say I was absolutely devistated.

I spent all of college working at a bike shop and gradually built my dream bike. Which today I could never afford. Here are the specs, also - am offering a $1000 reward to info leading to or recovery.

Intense 5.5 red medium frame w/5th element shock - has a small dent on the downtube near the headtube
5th element shock, frame has older style rear triangle with upgraded monolink from intense.

Polished bomber z1 mcr plolished fork (no decals)
Hope 4 piston brakes silver billet 185mm rotors (lightning bolts on rotors)
Ovation wheels
Sram X.O components and old style xtr crank
XT cassette
Easton carbon seat post
Kona race light seat (plain black leather)
Salsa stem/handlebars
Ovation/marin grips
time atac aluminum pedals

Obviously whomever stole it knew what they where doing. Also security cameras show that a vehicle was used to steal/switch the bikes

It was stolen from the midrigal lofts
811 4th st nw. Washinton dc. (Near chinatown)

Thank you everyone for your help. I would be eternally grateful and offer a $1000 reward to anyone who gets my bike back. If you have any information call me or e-mail me at the info listed below.

-Barney

Btf03@fsu.edu

comprex
October 7, 2008
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts

I was in a secured garage yesterday.

Someone had cable-locked a Fuji Nevada 2.0 to a cement post.

Their first mistake- no cable through front wheel.
Their second mistake- Truvativ crankset.

Left, cable-locked to cement post:

Frame, handlebars, rear wheel.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?