Sunday Drive
6 posts
4 users
2k+ views
David
October 5, 2008
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
Did some driving today in WV. We made several stops and here are a some pictures from a few of them. The first group of pictures is of the ancient hemlocks at Cathedral State Park in Preston County. Cathedral State Park is one of only a few sites in WV that still has some virgin forest growth. The second group of pictures were taken from our lift ride up and down (with a few from the top) at Canaan Valley. It was an awesome day to be outside. As you can see from the pics, the leaves in the Valley are really starting to change.

Old Hemlock

Old Hemlock

Beautiful Trail

Dead Giant

Riding up

Riding up

Riding up

Looking down Canaan Curve

Standing at the top of Gravity

Beautiful color
David
October 5, 2008
2,444 posts
Gravity with as much snow on it as there was back in January

Bright colors

Gravity

Across the mountain
fishnski
October 6, 2008
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
Love the pics..Some of those Hemlocks are 5 to 600 years old if I remember correctly. Canaan ski Mtn is real scenic..did you happen to see any activity up there that might be going towards improving last years experience?
kwillg6
October 6, 2008
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,067 posts
I went through the area on Friday. Was about 70% color. This coming weekend should be peak which is just about right on schedule. I got mixed feelings about going up cuz I got tickets to the UVA/ECSU game. After UVA made soup out of the terps last Saturday, it could be a REALLY good game this Saturday. smile
Kris
October 6, 2008
Member since 03/15/2005 🔗
248 posts
Originally Posted By: kwillg6
I went through the area on Friday. Was about 70% color. This coming weekend should be peak which is just about right on schedule. I got mixed feelings about going up cuz I got tickets to the UVA/ECSU game. After UVA made soup out of the terps last Saturday, it could be a REALLY good game this Saturday. smile

WILL YOU MARRY ME????

A girl that loves football, skiing, hiking, drinking, and just being outdoors...Na...thats impossible...I must be dreaming...lol
David
October 6, 2008
2,444 posts
Originally Posted By: Kris

A girl that loves football, skiing, hiking, drinking, and just being outdoors...Na...thats impossible...I must be dreaming...lol

You are...

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.