SLC super pass discount $42 a day
8 posts
6 users
4k+ views
tromano
September 26, 2008
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
I know some of you guys will probably come out to SLC this winter. Here is a deal I found for ski tickets. Superpass is good at any of the four cotton wood canyon resorts.

$42 a day for four days, its about the best price you can get.

http://activities.travelocity.com/nexres...ow_price=122.00

The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
September 26, 2008
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Sounds like a great deal! Can you check and find out if you can use the pass on any given visit at only one resort, say Snowbird, or do you have to go to each of the four superpass resorts?
And is the pass avaiable to folks that do not stay in SLC?
Thanks,
The Colonel smile
tromano
September 26, 2008
998 posts
You just print out your receipt. Then go to the ticket window at any of the 4 resorts and they give you the super pass card. You can then use that card at any of the resorts to get your lift ticket. Simple.
wojo
September 26, 2008
Member since 01/17/2005 🔗
333 posts
It would be better to call it a voucher. You turn it in at the window and you get a lift ticket. It includes bus and light train too. It is a great deal.
b2otto2
September 26, 2008
Member since 02/1/2003 🔗
65 posts
A buddy and I went to Snowbird 2 years ago in January and booked through Travelocity with this pass deal. Unless they have changed, be aware that you can not ski between Snowbird and Alta with this ticket, it's one resort each day. You can however ski back to Snowbird from Alta after 3 pm in the afternoon, as we were staying at the Cliffs Lodge in Snowbird and didn't want to have to take the bus back. But you can ski the same resort more than once with the pass.

Also be aware of the bus schedule if your going to Solitude/Brighton, if memory serves me there wasn't a good bus schedule between Snowbird and Solitude. This would be different if your staying in SLC. We ended up getting a cab to go to Solitude, and I highy recommend Solitude, we went on a Saturday and there wasnt as many people there as there is at 7 Springs on a Tuesday high season. One other thing with this deal through Travelocity, Snowbird added $35.00 more per night on the bill.
tromano
September 26, 2008
998 posts
I prefer to stay in SLC. Cheaper food and lodging and more options. And you are more mobile. With so many good options, its hard to be locked in to just one canyon. But there are benefits to staying up canyon in LCC and if it was going to be a big storm cycle, I think that might be the way to go. The bus pass means you don't need to rent 4wd, if the canyons are restricted, just hop the bus. I don't think there are any draw backs to the superpass except that you have to know up front the dates that you will be skiing the cottonwoods so it takes away some flexibility to go elsewhere and to storm chase.
jimmy
September 26, 2008
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Originally Posted By: tromano
I don't think there are any draw backs to the superpass except that you have to know up front the dates that you will be skiing the cottonwoods ........

???
Laurel Hill Crazie - DCSki Supporter 
September 26, 2008
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
2,038 posts
jimmy, when you buy the super pass you must indicate the days or week you will be using the pass. I think you can get a 2 of 3 day, 3 of 4 or 4 of 5 day pass but you have to use all the vouchers during the time you indicated when you buy the Super Pass.
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?