SWITZERLAND SKI TOUR 2002 NEW YEARS
1 post
1 user
1k+ views
(Anonymous)
August 12, 2001
Hello My name is Eric Brown. I am taking a group of 25 skiers, of all
levels to Interlaken Switzerland for New Years next year. This is a ski
tour for Families and singles alike. The dates are Dec 29-5th Jan,2002.
I need 10 more people to close up the tour. I need them by Sept 1st
2001. Can you Help?
This is a not for profit tour
thanks
Eric Brown
ps. Check out the below file. There wil be an extra charge of not
more than $100.00 for RT tickets from another city other than Atlanta.
SKI SWITZERLAND TOUR
Dec. 29-5 Jan.

$1334.00

Hello Everyone,
This tour is a Ski Tour for everyone from the young single to the large family. Please take a look at the information below this will be an excellent tour for the person or family that wants something more out of a vacation. A whole different atmosphere in Switzerland will surround you. Words cannot describe the feeling you get while there.
I had started gathering info for this tour since February. I always wanted to take a group of my friends to Europe to Ski where I had skied as a young boy\man anyway...bla bla bla...

. SWITZERLAND.
Interlaken Switzerland this is a World Class resort with much to do for all. I will begin again by giving you first a tour of InterLaken, Switzerland then followed by the details of the tour.
Switzerland is one of the most beautiful countries in the world! With it's breathtaking
vistas, craggy peaks, charming chalets and the Swiss Alps, Switzerland is filled with natural beauty and historical riches!
Magic, majestic, spectacular, sensational - these are just a few of the many words used by visitors to describe the breathtaking beauty of the Jungfrau Top Ski Region. This is the area of Switzerland that we will be in. You can see the pride of the local people in their unique landscape. The resorts of Grindelwald, Mürren, Wengen, and Interlaken enjoy international renown. And are all linked together by ski lifts or ski trains or the ski bus. The towering trio Mountain tops of the Eiger,(Clint Eastward starred in a climbing movie here) Mönch and Jungfrau never fails to fascinate. And then there's the legendary Lauberhorn with its World Cup ski runs the longest in the world. You are assured a most memorable holiday and the warmest of welcomes
Interlaken is the tourist capital of the Bernese Oberland. Cableways and cog railways designed for steeply inclined hills and mountains connect it with most of the region's villages and dazzling sights, including the snowy heights of the Jungfrau, which rises a shot distance to the south. The "town between the lakes" (Thun and Brienz) has been a holiday resort for more than 300 years. Although it began its prosperity as a summer resort, it has developed into a year-round playground, altering its allure and its role as the seasons change. During the winter, skiers take advantage of the town's low prices.

An Augustinian monastery was founded at Interlaken in 1130 but was later closed during
the Reformation; the ruins can still be seen in a park in the center of the town.
The Hotel we will be staying at is called Chalet Oberland it is in the middle of Interlaken. We will be staying in Doubles and the Families will be in Big Doubles with beds brought in for the children. The accommodations include breakfast at the Hotel and dinner at 4 different resturants around town and in our own hotel. Also for one Dinner I have set up a separate Fondue Dinner ( included in the price) in a Mountain top Hut, something the whole group can due together this sounded like a lot of fun for everyone.
Below are links to The Hotel that we will be in and some of the ski resorts that will be included on our ski pass. For you skiing buffs out there check out the vertical on some of the mountains, amazing. There is also a lot of off piste or back country skiing. Wow I am ready to go now. For you non-skiers there is plenty to see and do, shopping, sightseeing, sledding, ice skating, cross country skiing and much more

Hotel that we will be staying
http://www.jungfrauregion.com/interlak/ad/oberland/html/oberland.htm

Ski map of the Jungfrua region
http://www.skimaps.com/resortlocator/mapview.asp?AreaID=1200&MapID=1893

Grinwald ski area
http://www.skimaps.com/resorts/761/index.asp?cp=m

Murren Ski Area
http://www.skimaps.com/resorts/763/index.asp?cp=m

Wengen Ski Area
http://www.skimaps.com/resorts/762/index.asp?cp=m

I will need you to fill out a registration form but for now I will need your Name as it appears on your passport or how it will appear on your passport, No nicknames I need your proper name..
Otherwise check out the info.

Price:
Per Person in double room $1274.00 adults + $77.00 airline tax

Children 1-5 years in same room $600.00 (plus any sking) + $77.00 airline tax
Children 6-11 years in same room $920.00 + $77.00 airline tax (ski pass included)
*Meal plans for children are now added in to the price and are included.

For this package you will not find a price like this anywhere !!!
Travel insurance for $57.00 will cover the whole package and will be available (optional) I do recommend it. It covers a lot of items including cancellation. More info will be distributed to you when you make a deposit on the tour.

YOUR PACKAGE INCLUDES

o Round trip flight: Atlanta - Zurich via Delta, Dec 28-Jan 5, 2002
o Round trip motor coach transfer: Zurich airport - Chalet Oberland Hotel
o 7 nights accommodations: Chalet Oberland Hotel*** Dec 29-Jan 5
o 6 day Jungfrau Region Ski Pass with ski bus pass.
o Welcome drink and resort orientation hosted by the hotel
o Daily buffet breakfast
o 7 Dinners with dine around plan at 4 restaurants, one Swiss evening and one
Fondue dinner (torch walk, with Gluwien) to a mountain hut included
o Taxes, gratuities and operational expenses for above tour features

Land package exchange rate: 1.66-1.70 CHF per US dollar
A currency adjustment might be made prior to final payment due date.
This means that the package is bought in another Currency if the rate goes up or down prior to our final payment it will be adjusted accordingly to that rate. I have never had to charge anyone extra yet, due to the currency rate change. Be aware of this, this is a standard business practice for tours.
The above prices are per person and are based on 26 paying participants. If the group falls below this number, the price will be adjusted based on the actual number of participants.
Air information
DELTA AIRLINES
Number of seats confirmed: 35
Flight Schedule:
DL 66L 28DEC ATLZRH 535P 830A FRI/SAT
DL 67L 05JAN ZRHATL 1000A 230P SAT

Group size is based on the number of seats held at 60 days
Minimum number for a group is 10 (for Airlines)
if blocked seats are canceled (Airlines cancellation policy)
60 days or more prior to departure: no penalty will be assessed.
59 days or less prior to departure: reduce the group size by 20% without penalty.
59 days or less prior to departure: if the group drops below 80% utilization, a $160.00 p penalty will be assessed for each canceled seat. ( This means you will loose $160.00 to the airlines if you cancel 59 days or less before departure)
45 days prior to departure: the final name list is due. Names must match passport.

Tickets will be issued by: November 21, 2001
I will need to know in the next 3 weeks if you want to go.
DEADLINE TO ADD IS SEPTEMBER 1, 2001

Airline/AOS/World Soccer charges after ticketing:
Name change: $250.00
Departure, return date or city change: $250.00 charge plus any fare adjustment and group deposit penalty. Ticket must be returned to World Soccer to be reissued.
Frequent flyer miles: Allowed; Plus $50.00 however the numbers must be given to airline at check in. I must know if you will use these before we leave.
Seat requests: Seats will be assigned at the time of ticketing according to the rooming list. All special seating or meals request must be submitted in writing to World Soccer no later than the final payment due date.
*** Exit seats assigned at airport check in only***
***Families with young children have priority on bulkhead seat assignments.***

This contract is based on lump sum payments by the organization or group leader (no credit cards). All late final payments are subject to a $20 per person supplement
PAYMENT SCHEDULE
First $500 per person deposit due: ASAP
Second Payment of $ 300.00 due Sept.15
Final payment due: October12, 2001 no exceptions
World Soccer CANCELLATION PENALTIES
(All cancellations must be in writing.)
Up to 60 days prior to departure: $200 per person plus supplier charges.
Between 59 and 31 days: $300 per person plus supplier charges unless there is a substitute whereby the charge would then be $50.
Between 30 and 16 days: no refunds without a substitute whereby the charge would be $75.
Between 15 days and departure date: no refunds and no substitutes.

DEVIATIONS (All requests must be in writing )
$50 per person will be charged for changes or deviations from group space made from the time of reservation until 60 days prior to departure.
$100 per person will be charged for changes or deviations from group space made within 59 days of departure.
After ticketing additional airline and supplier fees will apply.
Basically do not change your tour (deviate) unless you are prepared to pay both airline and Booking Co. penalties. (EB)
Please e-mail me back that you have received this at eric@soccersys.com
Thanks
Eric Brown
World Soccer Systems
770-442-1534 678-776-6438

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?