Valley on Memorial Day weekend?
7 posts
3 users
1k+ views
kwillg6
May 15, 2008
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
Who is planning on being in the valley on the holiday weekend? The Mrs. and I plan on being there. Other than mowing grass at the house, I plan on doing a lot of r & r , cloud skiing , and maybe little sipping , weather permiting of course.
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
May 15, 2008
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
And what specific type of weather is required for doing "a little sipping"?
The Colonel \:\)
OhioHillbillies
May 16, 2008
Member since 09/29/2007 🔗
30 posts
The prodigal bloggers are back <<ha ha>>... we'll be in the valley for the holiday doing some maintenance stuff. We were there this past weekend and the wind REALLY blew up on Sunday! We'll be doin' some sippin' as well for the Memorial holiday. , maybe a cornhole and ladder golf game on the "front lawn".

The Hillbillies
kwillg6
May 16, 2008
2,066 posts
Actually, Morgan, sipping can occur in any weather. \:\) If it's hot, the sips are, as a rule, usually larger. \:D I consider sipping to be an art form. There are various movements/periods in sipping as well. There's classical sipping which features fine wine. Western European sipping involving imports. Americana, usually straight up with a fine Kentucky mash, and Far Eastern/Asian which I prefer "on the rocks." Of course we can't forget the "American Primative" technique which is more swilling than sipping and generally involves PBR, the beast, or IC. There is, of course, more refined swilling but one would need to consult a true expert in the field to determine what should be swilled. ;\)
kwillg6
May 27, 2008
2,066 posts
 Originally Posted By: OhioHillbillies
We'll be doin' some sippin' as well for the Memorial holiday. , maybe a cornhole and ladder golf game on the "front lawn".

The Hillbillies
It was a very good sipfest Saturday. You hillbillys really know how to sip.... or maybe we should call it swill. ;\)
OhioHillbillies
May 28, 2008
Member since 09/29/2007 🔗
30 posts
It was a splendid sipping indeed and libations were swilled by all \:\)
We're bringing down a couple of more party items before we're there on the 6,7,8. KWill - you're gonna love it! Get a couple of brain buckets and we'll ride 'em from the top of the hill!!

We can officially call it the "SWILL THRILL" and you can pick your own color!
kwillg6
May 28, 2008
2,066 posts
OH BOY! OH BOY! OH BOY! Maybe we can do a swill slalom.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?