7 Springs Dangles the Carrot
6 posts
4 users
2k+ views
RobertW
April 7, 2008
Member since 10/14/2004 🔗
199 posts
Dick Barron's comments from the daily Priority 7 Ski Report.

Quote:
We are closed Monday through Friday and may reopen next Saturday, April 12. The "spot" Terrain Park will be open regardless of the skiing schedule.

Competition can be such a good thing...
hockeydave
April 7, 2008
Member since 06/30/2004 🔗
780 posts
As stated before by myself and others, having a new owner who is willing to invest in Hidden Valley will only make Seven Springs that much better and benefit all of us who ski and play in the Laurel Highlands.
lbotta - DCSki Supporter 
April 8, 2008
Member since 10/18/1999 🔗
1,535 posts
I bet they still have snow at Snowshoe's slopes....
RobertW
April 9, 2008
199 posts
Damn...I guess the predicted wet weather did in the opening this weekend....

Quote:
We are closed for the season! The "spot" Terrain Park will be open Saturday, April 12 from 10am - 5pm with no lift service. Seven Spring Season Passholders...no charge. Non Season Pass holders...$10.00. We will also be open each following saturday till we're out of snow! Check our web site for updates!
gizmosnow
April 10, 2008
Member since 10/6/2005 🔗
269 posts
Well, just noticed Hidden Valley says on website that they WILL be open for skiing this Saturday and Sunday for $10. A looked at the webcams and, while not great, HV looks to have enough coverage to open Imperial, Continental and Rambler. 7Springs looks 'all washed up'.

I had heard it said that Buncher wanted to demonstrate that they could do better than 7Springs at making snow and in the end, as well as all season long, I believe they have proved that they can.
RobertW
April 10, 2008
199 posts
 Quote:
I had heard it said that Buncher wanted to demonstrate that they could do better than 7Springs at making snow and in the end, as well as all season long, I believe they have proved that they can.

You gotta love it. Can you imagine this type of commitment behind a place like Laurel Mountain? I'm drooling....

Wagner and Stowe look washed up but Tyrol/Avalanche still have good cover. Never did I imagine a scenario like this.
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?