6 posts
6 users
1k+ views
DavidFleming
March 15, 2008
Member since 09/28/2006 🔗
52 posts
Hi folks,

This concerns the controversial Snowshoe/Slatyfork sewer project.

With the recent news of the Pocahontas County Commission's directive to the Pocahontas County Public Service District to take eminent domain of the Sharp Farm off the table of this project, it is both with gladness and bittersweet reflection that I will be retiring the SaveTheSharpFarm.com website soon:

SaveTheSharpFarm.com Retiring Soon

This effort has been a massive investment of time, hard work, and much emotion. I am thankful to all who have supported this cause.

Soon I will publish one last blog, and will "freeze" the website, leaving it online as a monument to the great effort that many many people have made to save the Sharp Farm.

It has been an incredible journey. More to come soon.

DF
skier219
March 15, 2008
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
David, thanks for your efforts -- glad it worked out.
David
March 15, 2008
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
Awesome! I have seen all of YOUR efforts on here and on WVAngler and I am very happy to see that everything worked out. Just goes to show that our small voice can make a large difference. Thanks for all of you work. Congrats!!! \:\) \:\)
snomonster
March 17, 2008
Member since 04/2/2005 🔗
16 posts
David
That is good news.
I have been following your updates here and many appreciate the effort you put into making many aware of this issue.
bawalker
March 22, 2008
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
Seeing such success from others who are also undertaking the investment to fight corrupt politics who wish to abuse their power is always a wonderful thing. I'm hoping that we have the same news with SaveLostRiver.org. It looks like some things will be shaping up that way in the near future.
lbotta - DCSki Supporter 
March 22, 2008
Member since 10/18/1999 🔗
1,535 posts
Amazing display of community involvement you guys. That's a model.
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.