7 Springs vs. WISP
3 posts
3 users
8k+ views
skiobsessed
March 11, 2008
Member since 03/10/2008 🔗
80 posts
I am trying to compare the two ski resorts, 7 Springs and WISP, that have been recommended rather highly by friends.

I have been to 7 Springs twice this year and I loved the resort. Here is a breakdown of what I liked:

*ski lodge's proximity to the slopes (we stayed overnight)
*aprés ski scene (though can get noisy if you sleep on the 4th floor)
*number of lifts and REAL green + blue trails (REAL as opposed to the inflated number of runs boasted by Timberline and Canaan Valley)
*Tahoe lodge at the top of the mountain (very handy for bathroom and snack breaks!!!)
*ski school (my friends took lessons and can vouch for helping them get comfortable on the slopes)

My question is: how does WISP compare to 7 Springs? I am salivating at some of their lodging specials right now and hope they stay open in April...but that might be wishful thinking!

Any suggestions/advice would be greatly appreciated!!!

Cheers!

Darwin
JimK - DCSki Columnist
March 11, 2008
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,964 posts
Welcome.

Go for it. IMHO, if you like one you'll like the other, they are somewhat comparable, big horizontally, if lacking a little in verticality. Seven Springs has more trails, with perhaps a little more challenge. It also has much bigger lodge/hotel complex and better après ski. Wisp has pretty views of Deep Creek Lake and a lot of excess summer vacation homes/condos available for rent during winter. Both places have tremendous commitment to snowmaking and other than Snowshoe, probably the longest ski seasons in the region.
Buckeye Skier
March 11, 2008
Member since 01/11/2004 🔗
54 posts
I think Wisp has better terrain variety. Maybe not as consistently steep as 7Springs. But there are a few nices pitches with plenty of easy cruising to go along with them.
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.