3 posts
3 users
2k+ views
skiobsessed
March 10, 2008
Member since 03/10/2008 🔗
80 posts
Greetings!

I have been "lurking" for a couple of months now and have finally decided to join this wonderful forum. I aim to learn from everyone on this site and to contribute to the dialog whenever possible.

Where do I begin? I started skiing last winter with a couple of friends at Bryce Resort. I came unprepared; I began with no gloves, no hat, and wore my spring nylon pants. However, I was rocking my brand-new North Face jacket in the beginning area. It was a BLAST to make a fool out of myself with my friends. I haven't felt like a "kid" in quite some time and skiing definitely brought that out. Since I was having so much fun, I refused to stop to get gloves until it was time to break for lunch. Even with my new gloves, my hands were burning and itching for the rest of the day.

Fast-forward to today and a couple of ski trips later, I'm still hooked! I'm so "ski-obsessed" I am looking for creative ways to extend the ski season on my tight budget and schedule. It is nice to find a forum where skiing is a way of life and I look forward to learning from the rest of you.

Cheers!

Darwin
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
March 11, 2008
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Welcome, skiobsessed!
What a unique and true (for most of us) handle.
What do you mean your hands were burning, etc.
The Colonel \:\)
pimp-on-ski's
March 14, 2008
Member since 02/24/2008 🔗
5 posts
Welcome my good friend.. You will definatley see that many people here have a lot of knowledge. Funny now that I think back to it. You started with no gloves and now you take 2 pairs of gloves.. Great stuff. Catch you on the slopes !

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.