whitetail conditions, 2/19
5 posts
3 users
2k+ views
(Anonymous)
February 19, 2001
went to whitetail today, just got home. Let me tell u that it was very crowded, and when i went to get lunch i could not move in the food court it was so crowded. now the conditions. the main trails such as snow park, both bunny hills, and upper angel drop and homerun had great coverage. also, drop in had very good coverage and bold decision was bumped up w/ good coverage but it was icy. the best intermediate slope was snow dancer, as it was not crowded and the middle was not scraped as bad as the others. limelight had good coverage, but on the sides their was a lot of bare spots and there was some thin coverage. exhibition also had fair to good coverage w/ bare spots starting to appear. dont go on farside as it has lots of thin cover and it was very icy. Also, i dont think fanciful will be open for much longer as it was just patchy snow, w/ a lot of bear spots. in the middle of the trail u have about 10 feet to navigate as it is bare on both sides. When i got there there was snow making going on snow park, and when u went up the lift u were covered in snow. snow making was also going on on homerun and upper angel drop. overall, even w/ the crowds the skiing sure beat school, even w/ fairly bad snow conditions.
robbieA
March 1, 2001
Member since 02/28/2001 🔗
1 posts
rolled into the parking lot that day and saw all the buses. Promtly left for Blue Knob!

Blue Knob was empty and the condtions we strong. Lift prices are cheaper and they have a bar. The Knob always comes through!

(Anonymous)
March 1, 2001
How far is the knob from whiteail..
____

Since we don't want to hold onto our Lamars anymore (Two 1999-2000 156 Lamar Andy Hetzel Scout Series), we're going to give them away. How you say? Well. For one, sign up for our email, and then register for our bulletin board. Use your new CBRSNOW.com email to register for the bulletin board (which is all it takes; your email to register). We will give away both boards to two lucky winners on March 9, 2001.
How do you win? If you really dig this snowboarding, post it on the site. Or any topic that you see fit. We will pick the two people that are the most involved with the bulletin board (intelligent posts, rallying people to reply, and the number of posts are taken into consideration). The winner will be picked March 9th at 12:00AM EST.

I know there are alot of people that like to win stuff out there so, register for our email (takes less than 3 minutes and you get absolutely no junk mail), then register for the "Discussion" board, and post away. Tell your friends about it, and win yourself a top of the line 1999-2000 board.

Dave
http://www.capitolboardroom.com
snow.skate.music.

(Anonymous)
March 2, 2001
haven't tried it, but it looks like about 70-80 miles, including much non-interstate, maybe hour and a quarter to hour and a half?
johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
July 18, 2001
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
Whitetail is about one and a half hours from DC. Go midweek, you'll love the 975 foot verticle, and high speed chairs. Weekends, can be INSANE! One ski patrol member there told me they can average 32 rescues on some Saturdays--mostly collisions. This is definitely a place to wear a plastic hat on weekends. :-)

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.