DCSki Rocks!
6 posts
6 users
1k+ views
wgo
February 10, 2004
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,666 posts
I wanted to express my appreciation to the creators of DCSki and to all who contribute
to the message board. It have found it to be extremely informative resource. I have just
moved to Charlottesville, VA, from the Chicago area and was extremely gratified
to find such an active community of skiers and boarders so close to my new home.

BTW, anyone here unhappy about the skiing in the Mid Atlantic should try living in the
Midwest for awhile! Nothing like driving 3+ hours to a 400 ft hill because you just
HAVE to get some skiing in...

Norsk
February 10, 2004
Member since 05/13/2003 🔗
317 posts
wgo, I've skied Wilmot and I feel your pain.

You are right though. We tend to wish that we lived farther north rather than realizing how good our own local options are, compared to much of what passes for skiing in the midwest or south. Grass is always greener I guess.

Scott - DCSki Editor
February 11, 2004
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,249 posts
Hi wgo, welcome to the mid-Atlantic and thanks for the compliments on DCSki! This area has a wide variety of great ski resorts to choose from, and a great community of winter sports enthusiasts, as you've discovered. We're glad to have you on board.

- Scott

rmcva
February 11, 2004
Member since 01/28/2004 🔗
187 posts
Welcome aboard. Our local resorts are pretty good and each seem to have their own identity. If you hop around different resorts, you'll be able to pick the one that has something you like based on the conditions they have at the time. Jumping around, you can have lots of fun.
johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
February 11, 2004
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
I don't think any other ski region in the US has as good of a regional web site as this one. Scott Smith's efforts are integral to the success of this site. I just hope he can juggle the DCSki work with his other responsibilities as we ski ahead to the future.

SKIING IS BELIEVING!

[This message has been edited by johnfmh (edited 02-11-2004).]

Roger Z
February 11, 2004
Member since 01/16/2004 🔗
2,181 posts
Hey WGO, I'm sure the DCSki team appreciates your enthusiasm and I second it. This really is a fun site to monitor and post on; hope you continue to enjoy it!

Oh and incidentally-- welcome back John! Enjoyed your first write-up on Austria. Glad to have you back messaging away again.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.