Anyone see this one??
5 posts
5 users
1k+ views
David
February 10, 2008
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
Thought I'd share. This was pretty funny. What do you think?

http://canaanweather.4t.com/index.html

"Feb 10 120PM - Currently partly sunny, blowing and drifting snow, and 16F. The intense snow squall lasted 2 1/2 hour and dropped 3.5 inches of new snow. Traffic on Rt 32 over Canaan Mountain was halted for most of that time due to city people here for the weekend in 2-week drive vehicles. Plows and emergency vehicled reopened the road at 1PM."
wvrocks
February 10, 2008
Member since 11/9/2004 🔗
262 posts
I sure noticed it. Mostly because I was driving one of the fire trucks. ;\) There was a car in the ditch at the bottom of the hill which further complicated things and backed up more traffic. It was amazing how much snow came down in that short period of time. The state's plows just couldn't keep up. If it makes you feel better I think I saw one or two WV plates having a hard time making it up the hill too.
kwillg6
February 11, 2008
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
That's about the time I left the valley, 1:30 PM. I can attest that it was a blizzard, white out, variety squall. Haven't seen too many of those recently. The skiing was good on Sunday, but the chair ride was, um... interesting? I just got tired of the top half of the ride and threw in the skis knowing I would live to ski another day. They were staring to blow snow on WL and other parts of the hill at t-line.
It's interesting how many folks don't understand that you need to keep your foot off the brake while going downhill on icy roads.
crunchy
February 11, 2008
Member since 02/22/2007 🔗
596 posts
let me guess, it was one of those curves near canaan heights again?
skiTLINE
February 11, 2008
Member since 12/15/2004 🔗
230 posts
We left at 12 yesterday. I took our trash to Mt Top at 10:30 and for about 5 seconds I couldnt see ANYTHING. Was nasty. Was a little nervous driving down 32 but a little before Seneca Rocks things cleared up and then it just flurried for another hr or so. I seriously considered turning around though as I was not about to have another 8hr trip like I did last year when we left in a storm. Trip usually takes 3 and some change \:\)

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?