Wintergreen Feb 8 Weekend?
3 posts
3 users
1k+ views
giantjr
February 6, 2008
Member since 09/18/2006 🔗
29 posts
Anyone want to predict conditions at Wintergreen this weekend? Planned to take the family, but current conditions look bad. Where would you recommend going this weekend? Snowboarding for beginners (good lessons)and good intermediate ski trails.
k_alice
February 6, 2008
Member since 11/22/2005 🔗
92 posts
It looks like Sunday should be OK at Wintergreen - National Weather Service predicts Saturday night should be nicely cold, with a high of 32 on Sunday. I'd anticipate they'll make snow whenever possible (perhaps Thursday and Friday nights) to compensate for this brutally warm weather. But Saturday is iffy. I'll be there anyway!
GRK
February 6, 2008
Member since 12/19/2007 🔗
404 posts
Looks like the worst of the thaw is over but if you have a beginner and intermediate IMHO you should check for the following:

Potato Patch is the most comfortable area for beginners and it is currently closed. They will work hard to open it though.

Upper Cross trail is the entrance to the Intermediates from rest of the resort. Currently closed so you have to walk over there (short walk) but you can ski back on lower cross.

If Potato Patch and Upper Cross are open it will be a nicer time than if they are closed. That is just one persons opinion though.

I will be there regardless!

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?