TR: Tree runs at beaver
7 posts
6 users
1k+ views
tromano
January 27, 2008
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
I am loving the trees at beaver. Here are some reasons.

I know some of you folks are tree skiing lovers. This place is off the hook. Come up for a day next time your in SLC I will show you around. So much mellow tree goodness. <3 <3
David
January 27, 2008
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
Awesome shots! It looks pretty deep. I wish I was there and not here with my face in a book....
Bumps
January 28, 2008
Member since 12/29/2004 🔗
538 posts
I can almost hear the quiet! \:\)
JohnL
January 29, 2008
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,558 posts
Tim,

From this thread and others, seems like Beaver has some nice terrain to play on with very low traffic.

How steep is the steepest terrain at Beaver?

How much did a season's pass set you back?
tromano
January 29, 2008
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
The steepest terrain at the beav is about 35 - 40 degrees and is out of bounds. In bounds I think the steepest stuff is around 30 degrees maybe a little steeper. The main face (harry's dream triple) of the beav is very consistent medium pitch sort of like targhee. The marges triple area is more different head walls and is much flatter in spots and has a lot of mellow trees.

The Out of bounds terrian is accessible from the top of the main triple lift. You can eiher ski down to a cat track and skate back in bounds (1000' vertical) or continue down to the road for about an additional 1000' vert. From the road you can either hop in a car and drive back / shuttle or you can hitch back to the resort (about 4 miles).

If you buy the season pass in march I think its only about $250 or so. Which is a pretty sweet deal IMO. Day tickets are cheap though only about $35 per I think.
songfta
February 5, 2008
Member since 05/10/2004 🔗
51 posts
There is steeper stuff in-bounds on the Stone Creek side: some pitches are easily in the 50 degree range over there. And that's all in-bounds stuff these days, accessible off the Rose Bowl and Drink Of Water lifts, and are almost always soft due to their northern exposure.

The Harry's Dream (now Birds Of Prey) area has some nice bumps on it, for sure. And Royal Elk and Black Bear Glades on Grouse Mountain also have some fun pitches and excellent snow.

Edit: my bad - this is Beaver Mountain near Logan, right? Great little mom-and-pop place.
Crush
February 5, 2008
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,274 posts
i could say something rude about how i love to go down on beavers but why make Scott remove yet-another-post.

heh

sorry it was just too ripe to not-pick

- oh god i just thot of another one ... never mind .. shut up E. !!!!!!

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.