Forum posting from blackberry
5 posts
3 users
1k+ views
Bumps
January 22, 2008
Member since 12/29/2004 🔗
538 posts
Excuse me I am having a Dilbert moment. I have tried to post a couple times while sipping beer in some airport bar a couple times and have not had much success. Just curious if anyone else has tried with more success.
Ronin
January 23, 2008
Member since 12/17/2006 🔗
3 posts
I am posting this from my Windosws Mobile Device. It seems to work, but the site here is not what you would call call mobile friendly.
Bumps
January 23, 2008
Member since 12/29/2004 🔗
538 posts
I will try again sometime. might be user error.
Scott - DCSki Editor
January 24, 2008
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,249 posts
Works pretty well from an iPhone. ;\)
Scott - DCSki Editor
January 24, 2008
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,249 posts
 Originally Posted By: Scott
Works pretty well from an iPhone. ;\)

Actually, I didn't mean to be flippant. The iPhone has a great web browser, making it easy to surf real web sites. But the screen is still smaller than a desktop or laptop. Each summer I make enhancements to DCSki, and one possibility for next summer is to have an alternative version of DCSki optimized for handheld devices (quicker page loads, different layouts, less images, etc.) I am just not sure how big the "market" is yet -- stats show relatively few people viewing DCSki (or any web site, for that matter) using mobile devices. I have seen that change somewhat dramatically since the introduction of the iPhone.

There isn't too much I can do about the DCSki Message Forums, though. That relies on third-party commercial software and is the only part of DCSki I didn't write myself. I can produce a nice mobile interface for browsing recent posts, but not for posting, viewing private messages, etc.

Anyway, plans for a mobile version of DCSki date back about five years, I've just been waiting for the right time to "pull the trigger." (And then the free time to actually make it happen.) I probably should have asked for comments about this in the DCSki Survey, but I am able to get fairly accurate statistics by looking at the browsers connecting to DCSki.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.