Which would you go to Sno Mt/Blue/Camel Back/JFBB
3 posts
3 users
1k+ views
wojo
January 21, 2008
Member since 01/17/2005 🔗
333 posts
I will be up that way and those four seem from the stats to be reasonable places. Can anyone offer thoughts and comments on the current conditions?

thanks.
sean116
January 21, 2008
Member since 11/19/2006 🔗
16 posts
I was up that way this weekend. Saturday we went to JFBB and jack frost definatly had the best conditions. Nice, fresh, packed powder with even some powder stashes hidden around. The glades were even open with nice coverage for glade skiing. We left jack frost at about 3:30 to get at big boulder at 4. Snow there was definaly more icy but still worth it. Sunday we hit camelback at 12 where the snow was alright. There was packed powder on top but got scraped off toward the end of the day and some icy spots appeared. They were blowing snow all day on some open and closed terrain. I believe the hump opened up today.

Overall i would recommend going to jackfrost if you are able to. Awesome snow, little to no lift lines, and epic conditions, you cant go wrong.

p.s. hit up floyds folly. HUGE mogles on a steep slope = tons of fun =D

-sean
Ullr
January 22, 2008
Member since 11/27/2004 🔗
532 posts
Growing up in that area, I can offer some insight. If you are going on the weekend, be warned that all of those places are crowded. Blue is much further south, so I am not sure why you picked that place. JF/BB are almost next to each other and CB is a little ways down the road. Shawnee is actually the next closest. Sno has one really short steep run (much like Lower Shays at Snow Shoe. If a little extra drive does not bother you, I would go to Elk. Longer drive but head and shoulders better then anything else in the area. Camelback would be next just due to the choice of terrain, then JF.

Hope this helps.
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.