Plywood Parkway?
3 posts
2 users
(Anonymous)
January 26, 2004
Plywood Parkway runs under the Thunderdraft triple. It breaks off on skiers left of Lower Thunderstruck and runs down toward the location of the old halfpipe. Its almost never open because it has a drainage ditch running across it that is open. They used to put sheets of plywood across the ditch to let the water flow under the snow and not erode the snow pack. Thus, Plywood Parkway. Seems like it would be an easy fix to place a pipe in this area to solve the drainage problem and allow the trail to be opened. Its really only a useful trail when Lower Thunder isn't closed for NASTAR races. If they develop the old halfpipe area into a terrain park it would cut down on the long traverse over to Lower Heaven to access the park when Lower Thunder is open to the public.
EnkinTheMan
January 26, 2004
Member since 01/15/2003 🔗
4 posts
Awesome Darren, thanks for the info, I know where you're talking about now. I appreciate the clarification.

take care,
Enkin

EnkinTheMan
January 27, 2004
Member since 01/15/2003 🔗
4 posts
Hey there. I've been to Timberline for my annual "guys weekend" eight straight years, and for the life of me, I cannot recall ever seeing a trail at T-Line called "Plywood Parkway". Any ideas what/where this is?

Thanks!
Enkin

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.