4 posts
4 users
2k+ views
rockitman
January 17, 2001
Member since 01/17/2001 🔗
1 posts
hi folks,

i would love to go skiing in quebec, as i hear that the snow up there right now is INSANE!!! does anyone have some info on hills, reservations, conditions, prices, etc? any help would be greatly apreciated. thanks.

rockitman

JimK - DCSki Columnist
January 18, 2001
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,963 posts
I've never skied there, but I know the biggies in Quebec are Mont Tremblant north of Montreal and Mont Ste Anne north of Quebec City, both 2000+ vertical. Drive time from DC is 14-15 hrs or more. There are a number of other smaller, but good places in the area southeast of Montreal called the Laurentians, like Gray Rocks, Mont Sutton, & Bromont, drive time 12hrs. Can be super cold in Quebec in Jan and Feb, the region is good for late spring skiing, I've looked into going then. Another Jim has been to Mont Ste Anne and knew a lot about it, we discussed it last year somewhere in this message board.
mrhazmat
January 18, 2001
Member since 12/7/2000 🔗
47 posts
I've skiied Mont Tremblant twice and am definitely looking to go again soon. Wide runs with excellent vertical and constant pitches. Did I mention scenic? Fantastic! I stayed in Ville Bellevue which was approx. 2 miles away an took a shuttle but the accomodations were fine and the food was out of this world. The French love their cooking. Canada is a great bargain with the monetary conversion rate. Somebody said COLD? One mid Feb trip wind chill was -65 degrees. Lift operators were warning everyone to observe each other for signs of frostbite so be sure to take your masque and other cold weather clothing just in case.
robotgimp
February 19, 2001
Member since 02/19/2001 🔗
1 posts
this goes out to rocketman. the best thing to look at for all bookings and info in quebec is www.bonjourquebec.com/ski. the skiiing right now is awsome!

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?