Boot liner failings
7 posts
6 users
2k+ views
oldensign - DCSki Columnist
December 25, 2007
Member since 02/27/2007 🔗
499 posts
It seems over the summer the walls of my boot liner have fallen. They seem to have become unglued. Especially around the heel area. Thus they are very hard to get on and seem to pile up under the foot. It makes for a very tight foot. I assuming this means the end of my boots and time for a new pair.

Anyone else ever have this happen?
Bumps
December 25, 2007
Member since 12/29/2004 🔗
538 posts
Sounds like they are goners. How old are they? Sounds like they are fairly old and probably were packed out anyway. IF they were not very old it may be a quality or storage issue. I would be concerned about both the shell and bindings if you got them at the same time and have stored them together. My buddy went skiing on his much too old boots last year and the shell broke apart leaving the footbed in the bindings. He had a cold walk down the mountain (I think he ended he getting a snowmobile ride from the ski patrol). When he went to get new boots the shop refused to set new boots up on his skis. They said he would have to buy a whole new setup. It irritated him because he is one of these guys who thinks things should last forever and doesn't understand the un seeable wear and tear equipment gets, particularly if not stored correctly with extreme heat. For me it would have been a great excuse to upgrade.
tromano
December 25, 2007
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
You can always buy after market boot liners. However if your boots are really old you might want to get a new pair. You can get intuition liners for just a couple hundred. --Tim
comprex
December 25, 2007
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts

Not since early-90s Salomons.

What size liners do you need? For which boot?

Nordica have cheapo replacement liners for $25 that could work for you- look in their online store under accessories/parts/liners; otherwise someone might have a spare set around.
comprex
December 26, 2007
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts
FWIW there are a few more options available

Garmont aka Dynafit/Palau
Bomber Online
lbotta - DCSki Supporter 
December 26, 2007
Member since 10/18/1999 🔗
1,535 posts
If you REALLY REALLY like your shells, and you want the best, try Daleboot or Surefoot. They make custom liners to fit your extremities and make your skiing sooooo comfortable... But as Bumps said, it would be my excuse to get a new pair of boots... At least one pair...
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
December 26, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Visit or call the guys at Pro Fit and Skate in Leesburg (see thread below this) for recommendations or fix, or call SkiCenter in DC. If they do not know of a fix, no one will.
The Colonel \:\)

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.