Gunnar 6-pack lift to open at 7 Springs 21 Dec
8 posts
6 users
1k+ views
jb714
December 20, 2007
Member since 03/4/2003 🔗
294 posts
So sez today's snow report - that would at least seem to imply that most or all of the NF side will be open (?)
b2otto2
December 22, 2007
Member since 02/1/2003 🔗
65 posts
I was there last Monday they were blowing snow on Gunner but not Giant Steps nor for that matter the Boulder trails. Looks like you would have to hoof it over to Gunner from the bottom of Northface slope.
tromano
December 22, 2007
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
I am curious to see how this works out. The Gunnar lift line was the worst on the hill durring busy times. I remember waiting for 45minutes on busy holiday weekends. It was often faster to hike over to the GS lift.
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
December 22, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
OK, what's the report? Where are the pictures?
Those who could not go are counting on the DCSkiers that did go!!!
The Colonel \:\)
David
December 23, 2007
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
 Originally Posted By: The Colonel
OK, what's the report? Where are the pictures?
Those who could not go are counting on the DCSkiers that did go!!!
The Colonel \:\)

Colonel, you sound like me and spend too much time on TGR and are spoiled from the all the pics on there. Anytime anyone mentions anything about a trip they made I WANT TO SEE PICTURES!!! That is on thing that frustrates me about Epic...
RodSmith
December 23, 2007
Member since 10/22/2004 🔗
318 posts
Seven Springs was not crowded today. The new six pack does what the old Gunnar lift did, but faster. And it doesn't stop. I don't think it stopped once while I was on it. The Polar Express does a good job of getting people on the hill, but now there is a high speed lift that you can do laps on, upping the possible vert totals significantly. You can get some mileage on that one! Very nice job Seven Springs on getting this lift to operate flawlessly on it's first day in service.

It's a pain to move between North Face and Gunnar right now as none of the routes between the two have sufficient cover to be open except traversing at the top or bottom.
b2otto2
December 23, 2007
Member since 02/1/2003 🔗
65 posts
Channel 11, WPXI in Pittsburgh is reporting it only now takes 4 minutes to the top, finally prays are answered! The old Gunner lift was a agonizing 12 minute ride. Now I hope the boys at the Springs organize the traffic onto the lift better than they do the Polar Express....
jb714
December 27, 2007
Member since 03/4/2003 🔗
294 posts
My daughter and I skied 7 Springs yesterday. The crowd was generally very light, at least on the NF side. As stated elsewhere in this thread (at least I think it was), the new Gunnar lift is just a vertical lap machine when the crowd is thin. That may change slightly when all of the terrain near the lift is open, because at that point you'll have a mix of Green, Blue and Black terrain with the resulting mix of skier abilities. But even with that mix of abilities, my feeling is that you won't see lines as long as what you see on the Polar Bear Express.

I think the installation of this lift is one of the brightest developments in mid-Atlantic skiing in quite a few years.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?