Skiing at Home hits it big time
3 posts
3 users
1k+ views
TravisR
December 18, 2007
Member since 12/4/2006 🔗
79 posts
Anybody catch the January issue of Ski Magazine yet? I had heard through the grapevine that they would be featuring a few ski areas (backyard that is) sometime this season.

2 Ski hills that I featured last summer were in the issue. It is really cool, especially making laps and logging 15,000ft of vertical in an evening.

I tried skiing on Sunday but we didn't get enough snow. I did however get my rope tow up and running, all 100 vertical feet! Better than nothing! Guess I'll have to move to Vermont to get serious, or drop lots of cash for a better snowmaking system.
crunchy
December 18, 2007
Member since 02/22/2007 🔗
596 posts
 Originally Posted By: TravisR
I did however get my rope tow up and running, all 100 vertical feet! Better than nothing!

dude, you are the truest of the hardcore skiers imo. heck yeah, to be serious enough to create your own ski hill outside your backdoor _should_ get a little recognition from skiing rags! i raise my glass of anchor christmas ale to you \:\)

and dude, don't bummed about only having 100ft vert... paleeeze.. some of us don't even have 100ft horizontal in our "yards"
fishnski
December 18, 2007
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
You keep raising that X-mas Ale Crunchy & your horizontal will turn to Vertical soon!

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.