Quebec skiing in Nov. 08?
3 posts
3 users
1k+ views
AnyaK
December 18, 2007
Member since 10/31/2004 🔗
9 posts
Hello! So, I know its not exactly local, but I'm not sure where else to ask... my fiance and I are considering honeymooning in Quebec in mid-November of 2008. Do you guys have any ski resort recommendations? Obviously, something *open* that time of year is best, but beyond that we are looking for great skiing, at a resort with lots of other luxuries too (restaurants, spa, shopping, fun off-slope activities, etc). Any ideas?

Thanks!
Anya
kwillg6
December 18, 2007
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
May I suggest Club Tremblant at the ski mountain. It's a four/five star Inn with a gourmet restaurant, spa, a terrific wait staff, and close to the village. They run a shuttle to the ski area as well. Mid November may present a problem since winter doesn't arrive there much sooner than it does in New England and skiing can be iffy. We went one year at Thanksgiving and spent out time skiing down the road at a much smaller ski area when Tremblant closed due to lack of snow/cold.
JimK - DCSki Columnist
December 18, 2007
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,964 posts
Mid Nov is pretty early to get much skiing, even for Quebec, but here's a timely article with some ideas on Quebec City, if Mont Tremblant is not open: http://travel.nytimes.com/2007/12/07/travel/escapes/07quebec.html?fta=y

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.