Intuition Boot Liners Discount
13 posts
6 users
12k+ views
Eug
December 14, 2007
Member since 03/3/2005 🔗
142 posts
There is a group buy discount setup through Teton Gravity for Intuition liners.

The total price shipped for these lines is $116.

For additional info, check out:

http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94461&highlight=intuition
crunchy
December 14, 2007
Member since 02/22/2007 🔗
596 posts
super comfy moldable liners! i have some of the wraparounds and they are luscious
tromano
December 14, 2007
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
I just got in on this about 2 weeks ago. So fr they are working great. Super value.
Eug
January 17, 2008
Member since 03/3/2005 🔗
142 posts
Well, I got the liners. They look great and I am psyched.

HOWEVER, they are too big for my shells and I need to sell them. If anybody needs a pair of BRAND NEW, NEVER MOLDED, Intuition Power Wrap liners, size 9, please let me know.

If I could get back what I paid for them, $116, I will be very happy as I need to re-order another set. Reasonable offers will be considered. If I can't sell them, I will just have to ship them back to Intuition.

Thanks,
Eugene
yuyax yahoo com
crunchy
January 18, 2008
Member since 02/22/2007 🔗
596 posts
have you taken them to Brian or Jeff @ Pro-Fit Ski in leesburg? they can work magic. \:\) (or maybe swap them for one that fits if they cant make it work)
Eug
January 18, 2008
Member since 03/3/2005 🔗
142 posts
Yeah... I was there yesterday. When we put the liner in the shell to check it out, it had a wrinkle already.

The shells are size 8 and these are just too big... bummer

According to Pro-Fit, they sell very few of these liners.
tromano
January 18, 2008
998 posts
Eug,

I know that some people use a liner that is 1 size larger or smaller depending on the fit they want to achieve, a larger liner in a smaller boot will take up more space etc... also keep in mind the foam tends to change shape DRAMATICLY once you heat it up. You might want to contact intuition directly on this issue. They might be able to advise you better.
SpringsRegular
January 22, 2008
Member since 10/14/2004 🔗
153 posts
Hey Tim,

What size did you get relative to your BSL. I have a 27.5 not sure what size liner to get.

SR
tromano
January 22, 2008
998 posts
My boots are 26.5. They sent me a 26 (I think the liners only come in whole sized). 304mm BSL. Don't think it really matters all that much since the liners become so malleable when you cook them.
Eug
January 24, 2008
Member since 03/3/2005 🔗
142 posts
 Originally Posted By: tromano
Eug,

I know that some people use a liner that is 1 size larger or smaller depending on the fit they want to achieve, a larger liner in a smaller boot will take up more space etc... also keep in mind the foam tends to change shape DRAMATICLY once you heat it up. You might want to contact intuition directly on this issue. They might be able to advise you better.

My boots are Lange Freeride 120, shell size 26 with a 26.5 Lange liner. 26.5 is about an 8.5 street size. The liners Intuition sent me are size 9. With the stock liners, the lower part of the boots are buckled in the first slot. If I use the 2nd slot, it becomes very painful and uncomfortable. Forget about even trying the 3rd slot.

Pro Fit did a lot of stretching and shaving on one of the stock liners. So based on my shell fit and the tightness of it, they felt that the size 9 Intuition would have made the fit very, very tight and there was a strong possibility of introducing wrinkles to it.

Jeff felt that it was best to get the 8's instead of the 9's.

BTW, Intuition only makes whole size liners.

When I explained the situation to Intuition, they seemed to agreed. I have ordered the 8's and should be here pretty soon.

I will post an update when I finally get them fitted.
naschbac
February 3, 2008
Member since 02/3/2008 🔗
1 posts
I'm seriously considering purchasing something like this before I abandon my Dalbello Krypton boots.

I have a lot of pain in my right foot primarily, and I've had a really hard time figuring out if it's just because of the shape of the boot, the incredibly crappy stock liner, or that perhaps I should just lop off my foot at the ankle and have another go at it.

Are your size 9's still available? I'd be trying to stick them in a set of 26.5 Kryptons, and I normally wear a size 9 1/2 shoe. The problem is that I have a narrow heel (which the Kryptons are great for) and a relatively wide toebox (which the Kryptons are awful for).

Thanks,
-Nathan
skier219
February 3, 2008
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
Nathan, it's important to have a good shell fit, otherwise everything else becomes difficult. It can be a lot of work (some of it unreasonable) to compensate for poor shell fit. I wouldn't even bother with new liners if the shell is wrong. I sort of remember hearing that the Kryptons already have a good liner, similar to the Intuitions, but don't quote me on that.

I would take the liners out and stick your foot in the shell. If you notice interference issues (say less than 4mm of free space in any particular direction) then the issue is with the shells. For instance, if your forefoot / toe region interferes with the shell, then you're sort of screwed -- you probably should find a boot with a wider last. You can blow out shells to resolve some fit issues, but you really can't make a shell wider without messing it up.

Good luck! (and welcome to DCski)
Craig

Eug
February 5, 2008
Member since 03/3/2005 🔗
142 posts
Nathan,

The liners are still available. I have not sent them back yet. You are welcome to try them on and see how they fit.

I sent you a PM already.

Thanks,
Eugene

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.