SKI magazine
7 posts
5 users
1k+ views
oldensign - DCSki Columnist
December 14, 2007
Member since 02/27/2007 🔗
499 posts
I had stopped reading the ski rags as I was bored about reading about gear that I could not afford, resorts that were too far away, and 1001 ads.

However I have been very impressed with SKIING ( I signed up via the free hook up on this site) It is very hip and much cool than in the past. Reviews of resorts I can get to. reviews of bars!And a GREAT Eastern Skier section. Not to mention they used this site as a source!It is much improve from the past corperate rag that it was.

Wonder if any one else out there agreed?
JimK - DCSki Columnist
December 14, 2007
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,964 posts
I always preferred Skiing over Ski as it seemed a little more on-slope oriented and less off-slope oriented. I just got my first issue of Skiing yesterday in several years and haven't read it all the way through yet. I've got free subscriptions kicking in on three different ski magazines this year - stoke city. There is a place for these I just hope they are not killed off by the internet. They have to really scramble to remain relevant.
Eug
December 14, 2007
Member since 03/3/2005 🔗
142 posts
How do you sign up via DCSKI?

I looked around and I can't find this link.

Thanks
JimK - DCSki Columnist
December 14, 2007
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,964 posts
Here you go Eug, hope link/deal still works:
http://www.dcski.com/ubbthreads33/ubbthr...=true#Post36670
comprex
December 14, 2007
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts
 Originally Posted By: JimK
There is a place for these I just hope they are not killed off by the internet. They have to really scramble to remain relevant.

Always something in there that you can't find anywhere else. What bugs me is the lack of archived older articles. I can't tell you how many times I've looked for something more than a year old, that I -know- was in one of the SkiNet mags, and that is nowhere else on the net.
RodSmith
December 16, 2007
Member since 10/22/2004 🔗
318 posts
I noticed that issue looked really good. Apparently, subscribers got a special cover. "Me and Truck" is an excerpt of an old favorite. They should have printed the whole story, but that was a nice bit. Looks like lots of other good stuff in there, too. OK, I just noticed "...Check out Skinet.com for the full stories." All of the stories excerpted in that Scrapbook section are classics!
RodSmith
December 16, 2007
Member since 10/22/2004 🔗
318 posts
If anyone knows how to find those stories at SkiNet.com please let me know.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?