4 posts
4 users
1k+ views
KevR
December 13, 2007
Member since 01/27/2004 🔗
786 posts
looks interesting:

The story of big mountain skiing, a sport that barely existed 35 years ago. It started in the 1970s in the mountains above Chamonix, France, where skiers began to attempt ski descents so extreme that they appeared almost suicidal. Men like Anselme Baud and Patrick Vallencant were inspired by the challenge of skiing where no one thought to ski before. Now, two generations later, some of the world's greatest skiers pursue a sport where the prize is not winning, but simply experiencing the exhilaration of skiing and exploring big, wild, remote mountains. The man who is often described as the greatest big mountain skier of all, the late Doug Coombs who died in a skiing accident in La Grave, France, in April, 2006, is at the center of the story. His rich life and tragic death reveal the essential question at the heart of big mountain skiing: How does a skier weigh the risks versus the rewards of a sport where the possibility of dying is ever present? Also featured are many of the sport's greatest athletes including Bill Briggs, Stefano De Benedetti, Eric Pehota, Glen Plake, Shane McConkey, Seth Morrison, Chris Davenport, Ingrid Backstrom and Andrew McLean.
Production Status: In Production/Awaiting Release
Genres: Action/Adventure, Documentary and Sports
Running Time: 1 hr. 32 min.
Release Date: December 21st, 2007 (limited)
MPAA Rating: PG for extreme sports action and brief language.
Distributors:
Sony Pictures Classics
Production Co.:
The Documentary Group, High Ground Productions
Filming Locations:
Alaska, USA
Wyoming, USA
Canada
France
Iceland
Produced in: United States
oldensign - DCSki Columnist
December 13, 2007
Member since 02/27/2007 🔗
499 posts
I doubt many of us will get to see it till it hits DVD. As these type of films tend to stay in the art houses not the multi plexs. But it looks cool and I will await the DVD!
crunchy
December 13, 2007
Member since 02/22/2007 🔗
596 posts
they actually have 2 mid-atl dates on the schedule \:\)

FEBRUARY 29, 2008

BALTIMORE, MD - Charles Theatre
RICHMOND, VA - Westhampton Theatre 2
comprex
December 13, 2007
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts
That's been on my radar for a while now.

I'm gettin' it. In whatever format it comes out.
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?