Blue Knob for an intermediate skier this weekend?
3 posts
3 users
1k+ views
scootertig
December 12, 2007
Member since 02/19/2006 🔗
365 posts
Since Blue Knob's website is, um, less than stellar, can anyone fill me in on the place?

They're supposed to be opening Friday, and I'm thinking that maybe instead of going to Liberty on Saturday (since I realized I don't actually have the free lift ticket I thought I did), I'd maybe go there instead.

I think it's about an extra hour or so each way (from Leesburg), but would it be worth it to get away from crowds, and maybe see better conditions? Or, has the rain wiped them out, too?

aaron
camp
December 12, 2007
Member since 01/30/2005 🔗
660 posts
I've been thinking about Blue Knob Friday for a few weeks now too. But, I don't even have confidence that they'll be able to open on Friday. They're only going to have Thursday night to make snow. There's none there now. I don't think they have the best snowmaking system to begin with. If they do manage to open, it will be the beginner-intermediate trail(s). I'm close to ruling it out for me.
RobertW
December 12, 2007
Member since 10/14/2004 🔗
199 posts
Based on past experience, they have probably only made snow on Mambo Alley and Jack Rabbit to the base of the Triple Chair. Unless BKTim can give us more details, don't expect more than this for Friday and Saturday.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.