So, how often do you DCSki? Take the Poll!
8 posts
3 users
1k+ views
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
December 5, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Scott's question and some of the responses bring up my first poll of the new ski year!!!
How often do you ski DCSki?
The Colonel \:\)
langleyskier
December 6, 2007
Member since 12/7/2004 🔗
824 posts
lets just say it is the #1 most visited site on my computer (winter and summer... maybe 2 in absolute mid summer)... kinda sad right?
December 6, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Keep the responses coming. "Lurkers" do not be afraid, as far as I know, no personal info is captured about you or how you vote.
I do notice that only 15 folks have indicated whether they are a "lurker" (non DCSki registered memeber) or a registered member.
When you take the poll please indicate which you are...just curious.
By the way, I have been a registered member for a few years and have never received anything, or had any virus or spam problem, because of DCSki use. Please register, nothing to fear. But, I assume that the more traffic Scott can show, the more he can charge for ads (non pop ups)which keep the site up and running, along with Scott's labor of love.
Enjoy the site, and if you have not already...fill out the poll.
Scott - DCSki Editor
December 6, 2007
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,251 posts
Slight problem with the polling methodology -- you must be registered before the forum software allows you to vote.

To register on the DCSki Forums, you must provide a valid e-mail address, which is used only to make sure you are a person and not a spam-posting robot. I do not share e-mail addresses with anyone. Just make sure your profile is set not to show your e-mail address to other DCSki readers (the default is to not show).
December 6, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Scott,
Is this a site software situation, or is there a way to poll that would allow lurkers to take the poll?
Scott - DCSki Editor
December 6, 2007
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,251 posts
It's by design and for security. From the software's perspective, a poll is just like a regular posting. I'm afraid lurkers have no choice but to stop lurking if they want their vote to count. \:\)
December 7, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Sorry that you "lurkers" can not take the poll. But just register and then take it. Registration is free and quick and appears very secure.
So DO IT!
December 9, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
As of this date only 38 registered DCSkiers have indicated they read this site during the winter. So, if you have not taken the poll, please do so now.
Scott, would be nice if we could figure out some way to allow the nonregistered "lurkers" to take a poll. Sure would enhance results and show real readership for the site. Anyway to segregate a part of the site to make this available without increasing the potential for harmful hijinks?
By the way, my wife just gave this DCSki site addicted user hell for spending so much time on the site! Any others having a similar problem. Wow am I an addicted DCSkier.
The Colonel
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?