WHO IS OPEN TOMORROW???
16 posts
8 users
3k+ views
MangyMarmot
December 5, 2007
Member since 12/25/2002 🔗
183 posts
I'm absolutely drooling over the snow. (Thereby adding slightly to the precip)

AND I HAVE TOMORROW OFF!!!

But perusing the Web sites, I'm not seeing any day trippable slopes open. Is Snowshoe the only game on Thursday? Snowshoe's a little out of my range for a day trip drive from DC (unless there's a group going).

Couldn't tell from Wisp's site if they got much open.

Just got a ring from a buddy intent on skiing too... This snow is like chumming us fish.

MM
SpringsRegular
December 5, 2007
Member since 10/14/2004 🔗
153 posts
Seven Springs is open 9:00 AM - 10:00 PM May have the whole front side open.
appskiah
December 5, 2007
Member since 09/16/2006 🔗
88 posts
Whitetail just announced on their website they'll be open Saturday. It appears only Angel Drop will be open from the top. I was hoping they'd open Limelight...guess not.
langleyskier
December 5, 2007
Member since 12/7/2004 🔗
824 posts
seven springs is only open until 4 pm not 10 pm.... they start night skiing on friday. 7 springs is definitely your best bet. Also wisp is open which is comparable distnce and nice as well
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI
SpringsRegular
December 5, 2007
153 posts
 Originally Posted By: langleyskiier
seven springs is only open until 4 pm not 10 pm.... they start night skiing on friday. 7 springs is definitely your best bet. Also wisp is open which is comparable distnce and nice as well

Sorry about that...I thought today was Thursday. :-(
Taylormatt
December 5, 2007
Member since 12/3/2004 🔗
339 posts
I'm taking tomorrow morning off to get me some <EG>
langleyskier
December 5, 2007
Member since 12/7/2004 🔗
824 posts
im actually now thinking of heading up to timberline for some turns... i would definitely do it if the north face opened but am not sure it is worth it without the north face open
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
December 5, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
North Face...Seven Springs is it not?!
The Colonel \:\)
Taylormatt
December 5, 2007
Member since 12/3/2004 🔗
339 posts
I see no reason the NF slope will not be open this weekend. Like I said before, my guess is the ropes drop Friday for it, Sat AM at the latest.
therusty
December 5, 2007
Member since 01/17/2005 🔗
422 posts
 Originally Posted By: appskiah
Whitetail just announced on their website they'll be open Saturday. It appears only Angel Drop will be open from the top. I was hoping they'd open Limelight...guess not.

Whitetail has been making snow on Limelight, but it is second in line to getting Angel Drop open. 4+ inches of natural snow equates to only a 1/2 inch of base. Considering that we make 6-8 inches of base in a typical day of snowmaking, this natural snow won't help us much for getting additional terrain open. But it will be a beautiful opening day.
langleyskier
December 6, 2007
Member since 12/7/2004 🔗
824 posts
 Originally Posted By: therusty
But it will be a beautiful opening day.

Agreed! Should be an amazing opening day for whitetail... too bad you could not get limelight open (any chance at all it will open??) but the conditions should be great none the less especially with a little natural surrounding the area to make it all look nice!
Taylormatt
December 6, 2007
Member since 12/3/2004 🔗
339 posts
Just a 7S update: everything on the front was opened today except Goosebumps and Village Trail, but who actually skis that anyway?

Santa's Beard park opens tomorrow and NF slope Saturday. Coverage today was great. Good coverage in Yak-Yak and the natural area on skiers left of Stowe as well as under Tyrol chair. I spent the morning in the natural chop/blower pow all over the front face. Excellent early season conditions.
SpringsRegular
December 6, 2007
153 posts
you skied off piste on those skinny things you call skis? ;-)
SkiBumMSP
December 6, 2007
Member since 12/8/2004 🔗
224 posts
Well, Massanutten is going to be opened starting this weekend, pretty much top to bottom! I'll be there Saturday, but will have to back home to go to the local ski club's Christmas Party. Ironic, missing skiing to go to a ski club Christmas party!

BTW, glad to hear 7 springs is looking good. I hope those conditions hold till at least the day after Christmas, as I'll most likely be up there that day (visiting my brother in Uniontown for Christmas, and it is looking like I have that entire week off, so of course, I gotta hit some of the local skiing!) If for some reason, I cannot make it up there (a couple of years ago, I could not get my car up that mountain, since it was snowing so hard, so opted to bag it), I may try to hit up Wisp.
Taylormatt
December 7, 2007
Member since 12/3/2004 🔗
339 posts
 Originally Posted By: SpringsRegular
you skied off piste on those skinny things you call skis? ;-)

Yep and *somehow* I managed....
appskiah
December 7, 2007
Member since 09/16/2006 🔗
88 posts
when you blew snow on exhibition, was it just basically a system test?

just wondering. any chance home run will be open Saturday?

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?