When do the locals open?
5 posts
4 users
1k+ views
scootertig
November 26, 2007
Member since 02/19/2006 🔗
365 posts
There was a bit of discussion about opening dates a few weeks back, but now that we're closer to it actually happening (and with talk of a potential event coming our way... knock on wood!), have any local resorts officially given their scheduled opening day? I think Canaan Valley was way into December, and Tline was scheduled for the 6th of December based on what I read in the other thread...

What about stuff within a couple hours' drive of the DC metro?

aaron
skier219
November 26, 2007
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
I am expecting Wintergreen to open next weekend, or early next week.
langleyskier
November 27, 2007
Member since 12/7/2004 🔗
824 posts
My prediction:

Wintergreen: sunday
Whitetail, Liberty, Roundtop, Mass: Somewhere between dec. 5th-8th give or take a day or two. Depends on snow this weekend and if it will warm a little on monday/tuesday. Thursday night-saturday night should be some solid snowmaking for everyone.
Wisp: saturday or sunday
7 Springs: will reopen saturday i can assure as long as they blast at every chance
Prospector
November 27, 2007
Member since 09/15/2007 🔗
15 posts
Hidden Valley is planning to be open Friday, Dec. 7 (possibly Thursday, Dec. 6) since they already made some snow this past weekend with their new snowmakers and based on the near-term weather forecasts. Go to http://www.myhiddenvalleyresort.com for updates and a webcam to see the slopes.
langleyskier
November 28, 2007
Member since 12/7/2004 🔗
824 posts
Apparently Tussey Mountain here in state college is planning on trying to open by december 8th... soo close yet so far
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.