Home Snowmaker For Sale-Backyard Blizzard
7 posts
5 users
14k+ views
TravisR
November 24, 2007
Member since 12/4/2006 🔗
79 posts
I have decided to sell my Backyard Blizzard.
Pictures and more here
Backyard Blizzard For Sale

This is the Backyard Blizzard, a personal snowmaking machine. Different than the model currently being marketed by Backyard Blizzard (The Sport), this unit is larger.

The condition is great and it has been used very little. New, it cost $3195. It has two electrical cords, one powers the water pump, the other powers the air compressor.

Plug a standard garden hose in and turn it on. After it has reached recommended pressure (50-60psi) it's time to start making snow! It's that easy!

The Wand extends about 15 feet into the air to ensure enough "hang-time" of the snowflake to freeze. It breaks down into two parts for storage.

No shipping, pick-up from Tazewell, Va

Backyard Blizzard-$1000
skier219
November 25, 2007
Member since 01/8/2005 🔗
1,318 posts
Damn, I have always wanted one of these...
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
November 25, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Travis,
Say it ain't so! You giving up your backyard ski slope, or just have a new and better snow machine?
The Colonel \:\)
David
November 25, 2007
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
 Originally Posted By: The Colonel
Travis,
Say it ain't so! You giving up your backyard ski slope, or just have a new and better snow machine?
The Colonel \:\)

Knowing this guy....I would say new and better for the 2007-2008 season......just a guess though.....
TravisR
November 25, 2007
Member since 12/4/2006 🔗
79 posts
I have not been able to make snow on my slope because it is too far from electricity and I can't afford to run it to the hill. I farm it with snowfence. I am not giving up the hill and I still have a smaller snowgun. I wish I could blow snow on my hill...I was going to get a generator and run water over there this year but way too much money in a time that I could use money for important things...but who says skiing isn't important...
TravisR
December 7, 2007
Member since 12/4/2006 🔗
79 posts
Just for the record, I sold the Backyard Blizzard last weekend. It was a really cool machine! I still have my home-made snowgun so the snowmaking will continue....

Also, it looks like Winterplace will be opening tomorrow with 4 trails, Highland run, Wanderer, Easy Street, and Cascade (blue). I was hoping or skiing to the top...oh well..
DrArt
December 27, 2010
Member since 12/27/2010 🔗
1 posts
I really wanted that Backyard Blizzard Snow Machine. It was a great asking price. Do u know where I can find a good deal on a unit like that. My email is alwiimd4951@aol.com and cell number 6155982180.
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.