FS: skies, binding, and boots
7 posts
5 users
2k+ views
gisela
November 16, 2007
Member since 11/26/2006 🔗
6 posts
These skies and boots are like new, seen the slopes only twice.
Elan Mono block XRC 140 with Marker M1000 binding
boots: dolomite, Matrix 650, size 27
Asking $200
Also have another pair of boots, slightly used, size 8 1/2 - $40/obo
giselazar (at) hotmail (dot) com
comprex
November 16, 2007
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts

don't forget there's a swap at Arlington Ski Chalet tomorrow.
crunchy
November 16, 2007
Member since 02/22/2007 🔗
596 posts
 Originally Posted By: gisela
These skies and boots are like new,

who granted you the super powers to sell the skies above? \:\)
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
November 17, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Come on, Crunchy.
Until Scott follows my pleadings and adds a spellcheck feature to DCSki lets not beat up on fellow DCSkiers, especially a new DCSkier, for spelling and grammer...er...grammar!
I are as gulty as eny for my speling and gramer transgressions!
But let's fase it, meny of our felow posters, spcialy many now in our hgher edicaton instituons seam to have a real speling prblm.
So,
Yes, most of us noticed that the sky appeared to be for sale...is this a GW thing?
ANYWAY...WELCOME gisele to DCSKI, hope we have not scared you off!
All of us, including my friend Crunchy look forward to hearing from you in the future. Where do you live, where do you ski?
Hope you are not selling the skis because they are gathering dust and you are staying off the slopes this winter.
The Colonel
gisela
November 17, 2007
Member since 11/26/2006 🔗
6 posts
Thanks Colonel, appreciate your kind words and being so thoughtful. And thanks for the welcome.
So I misspelled a word, an obvious one too, oops, But, if that is all you can find wrong with me, I can live with that. I can still be kind, be happy, and of course still get out and play!
But, yes the skis are collecting dust, as I started tele and backcountry skiing instead.
If I don't sell them I change the binding, and just sell the boots.
I ski at Whitegrass, where I also work. Spend a bit of time at Timberline and Canaan, but mostly prefer the backcountry to ski.
Other times I live in Front Royal.
Gisela
David
November 18, 2007
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts

So I misspelled a word, an obvious one too, oops, But, if that is all you can find wrong with me, I can live with that. I can still be kind, be happy, and of course still get out and play!

Welcome!! And don't mind Crunchy. He is just in a bad mood lately because there isn't enough snow to get out and do a little skiing. Might even be a little upset cuz he hasn't been hooked into any trout lately too..... ;\)
comprex
November 18, 2007
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts

If I don't sell them I change the binding, and just sell the boots.

That's probably the best idea; used XRCs are going for $80 on eBay and trying to find someone who
- needs a pair of 140cm XRCs
- fits those boots
- appreciates the better condition and bindings than those on fleaBay
- lives near enough to save on shipping

is a lost cause imho. Like bikes, you'd probably get twice the money if you parted everything out, and 140-160cm teleskis are kinda hot right now.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?