More new eats? Canaan Valley?
20 posts
7 users
8k+ views
yellowsnow
November 14, 2007
Member since 12/15/2005 🔗
289 posts
I'm in the valley today and just noticed the signboard outside the old Coyote's says "opening soon" and "now hiring"...and there are actually guys inside doing renovations...could it be true?
My fingers are crossed...
crunchy
November 15, 2007
Member since 02/22/2007 🔗
596 posts
im told it's supposed to reopen Dec 1st. might be renamed to 'Tuckers' i heard?
yellowsnow
November 16, 2007
289 posts
I always thought "Mother Tucker's" had a nice ring to it.
fishnski
November 16, 2007
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
I liked Tuckers..great atmosphere.Anybody see any bears go by the window while you wined & dined? Did Coyoties get all of the old ski stuff that was hanging all over the walls at Tuckers? I hope the stuff is still there..
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI
JohnL
November 16, 2007
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
How many different restaurants have occupied that space in the past 10 years?
johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
November 16, 2007
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
Tucker is a dog who lives at Northwoods. I wonder how he got the money to buy a restaurant... ;\)
yellowdog
November 25, 2007
Member since 10/18/2004 🔗
45 posts
Hallelujah!

As much as the kids like Li'l John's, the valley (and my wife and I) desperately need other eateries...
crunchy
November 25, 2007
596 posts
don't overlook the whitegrass cafe for some yum yums \:\)
kwillg6
November 27, 2007
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
Too many to count in that location. I thought the "Bull and Frog" was the best, but that goes back about 17/18 years. It is interesting that almost every restaurant in that location has had a menu which looks and eats alike. So, Tucker's II, huh?
yellowdog
November 27, 2007
Member since 10/18/2004 🔗
45 posts
 Originally Posted By: crunchy
don't overlook the whitegrass cafe for some yum yums \:\)

Sorry, I should have mentioned that one. Damn good eatin' there.

Given the past history of the "Tucker" location, I don't expect it is going to have a long life unless it makes a real break from the past operations there and the building owner doesn't try to squeeze the resturant for more rent the moment it starts to make money.
yellowsnow
November 27, 2007
289 posts
It's the same guy that had Tucker's, Mother Tucker's, and Coyote's. He owns the building and can't get anybody to buy or lease it so he's re-opening a restaurant. Figures he has a better chance to unload the place if he has a going business than a vacant storefront.
johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
November 28, 2007
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
He could probably make more money by putting a small hotel in the location. Speaking of which, what is the status of the new motel at T-line?
fishnski
November 28, 2007
3,530 posts
Yeh...Thats just what we need in the Valley...more hotels to intice people up to a great winter wonderland to flood our slopes with LAME FRIGGIN INFRASTUCTURE....& then go Home disapointed...I'm So Pissed With the Stoneage Evolvement up there...& now with the death of MPC!!!!??!! At Least you got Europe though John...Right?..sorry but you have always seemed to be an enabler for your buddies at TL..people like me & yellowdog have a burning desire for improvement in the area...people like you just escape to your fancy & expensive ...retreats...I'm sorry John but you have always poopawed anything great to come to the Alpps with your negatisim....I'm bitter.....
yellowsnow
November 28, 2007
289 posts
fish, you need to switch to de-caf... \:\)
kwillg6
November 28, 2007
2,066 posts
Yo, fish, maybe some of us just like Cv the way it is.... It sure beats the hell out of where I live and work and when I need an attitude (altitude) adjustment or just some (comic) relief I head to CV and n-joy. If MPC happens, great. If MPC never happens, great. Improvement is a relative term relating to your experiences. Sure, I want a high speed lift at t-line, but accept what is there. Frankly, most of us really don't give a rat's rump as long as things don't go south of the status-quo but would support positive improvements (cuz not all improvements are viewed as positive).
crunchy
November 28, 2007
596 posts
 Originally Posted By: kwillg6
Yo, fish, maybe some of us just like Cv the way it is.... It sure beats the hell out of where I live and work and when I need an attitude (altitude) adjustment or just some (comic) relief I head to CV and n-joy.

gotta agree with Kwill on that! I wouldn't change a darn thing. I love the fact that the last stoplight I see is in Petersburg 50 miles away, the fact that I can leave my bike on the back porch and not have to worry about locking it up, the fact that almost everyone knows eachother, and greet strangers with a smile and a hello. You say hello to a stranger in a supermarket in the 'suburbs' here and you will get funny looks, its sad. Its no wonder why more and more people are buying a second home there, but not for the purpose of renting it out. When i leave for the weekend, i don't get more than 20 miles away before I start bumming out, and starting monday morning, im already looking forward to the next weekend \:\)
kwillg6
November 28, 2007
2,066 posts
That sunday night feeling, the one on the way home.... they call it the "Sunday Night Blues." Discovered that term many years ago from a N Va gent, turned local businessman, while sipping cold ale in his hot tub in a snowstorm. Ahhhh!!!!! Soon twill be me! maybe I should write a song...
fishnski
November 28, 2007
3,530 posts
Wuzzz uppp Dogggg? Nah..i drink weak coffee its just
that you just reminded me that I forgot to take my high blood pressure pill this morn!....Look you all, I would love to see canaan Stay the same...& it won't change much....Just a bunch of Multi million dollar homes parked next to a shack...I never gave a hoot if they didn't upgrade a bit as long as we got a ski area down the road that would rock my socks offf with some leg burning vert!!! I'm a tuck & fly can of guy & I need more than a thousand feet of vert to do this.....MPC Would have just Completed me....I could have rested in peace in "Almost Heaven WV" I love the area & could give a rats ass about the West/NE or out in the foreigns...I'm a homey from way back.. an anti elitist down to earth fun guy that talk & shuck & jive with the funniest home buscuits out there...& I want to do it from NC up to the mason dixon line..I just need a rip roaring run or 2 to keep the boredome..allthough scenic 750 to almost gettin it 1000'vert to keep me from driving to DRINK!!!!!...I will just have to poach some fish & wildlife grounds with some machines to get me up to the good stuff & will have to invest in a bullet proof vest to protect me from that spoiled ass farmer that wants to hunt bambi up on MPC & keep it all to himself instead of giving some good folks a way to make a living other than living in a coal mine or working for some greedy tight ass at TL & not to mention the thousands of hard working folks in the big cities that ..yeh want to get a way from it all but also want to see a little BANG FOR THIER BUCK ...& yeh I will get that bullet proof vest cuzz I'm still carryin a bullit from my days running in the hoods of DC cuzz I didn't have one then ! ......Can you get that get away feeling in NH & still get a decent skiing experience...dont feed me all that BS you all..& I Know that there are a whole lot of lurkers that agree with me!.....& don't feed me this Tory Mtn Crap..that is a copout!!!!! .......Oh & I'll be up at TL/Canaan in a couple(Life goes on).....untill then have a good one!
fishnski
November 28, 2007
3,530 posts
Oh..& don't get me wrong I'm not a badass Just need to be a little more careful than in the past...As far as the spoiled ass farmer comment.. if he was giving a good offer for his land then my original statement stands, but if they were trying to rip him off then I'll stand with him all the way & say screw Bill Bright untill a better plan & offer comes around....Peace!
kwillg6
November 28, 2007
2,066 posts
Uh, OK. Sorry to broach the subject.
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.