Cataloochee and Sugar Mnts. now open!!!
11 posts
8 users
3k+ views
langleyskier
November 7, 2007
Member since 12/7/2004 🔗
824 posts
Sugar opened at 9 am and Cataloochee at 1 pm, both with two trails!
tromano
November 8, 2007
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
Before anything in UT.
langleyskier
November 8, 2007
Member since 12/7/2004 🔗
824 posts
Ya, before anything almost i the entire country!... really, i think both resorts are two of the first 10 areas (or even 5???) to open nationally!
JohnL
November 8, 2007
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
 Quote:
Before anything in UT.

You can always move back East. ;\)

Nice pix from your earlier trek up to Alta this season, so I don't feel to sorry for you two.
jb714
November 8, 2007
Member since 03/4/2003 🔗
294 posts
I always enjoy watching Sugar's Webcam, especially early in the season (since they traditionally open early). If you double-click to make it full-screen, it can feel almost as though you're there - it's one of the better Webcams I've seen anywhere. It updates so quickly it's almost like watching TV. \:\)
Crush
November 8, 2007
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,271 posts
 Quote:
Before anything in UT.

oh dude it was like that laast yearr .... just b-link a few times and it will come. and when it does wa-atch out! when dec 7 rolls around there the bases will be tw-wo feet more than here in dOfC. and then there's all those la nina storms that will wip through there ... saaayyyy i'm over there dec 26-30 let's make su-um round thingy-s in the sno-oow.
langleyskier
November 8, 2007
Member since 12/7/2004 🔗
824 posts
somebody throw back a few before posting?... haha

Originally Posted By: Crush
 Quote:
Before anything in UT.

oh dude it was like that laast yearr .... just b-link a few times and it will come. and when it does wa-atch out! when dec 7 rolls around there the bases will be tw-wo feet more than here in dOfC. and then there's all those la nina storms that will wip through there ... saaayyyy i'm over there dec 26-30 let's make su-um round thingy-s in the sno-oow.
tromano
November 9, 2007
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
 Originally Posted By: Crush
 Quote:
Before anything in UT.

Crush, Certainly. Send me a PM once you get your plans set. Or just call me up.
fishnski
November 10, 2007
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
I'm going for 4 posts in a row..blowing away my personal record...I was watching the Sugar mtn live streamin webcam today
& for one was surprised to see the snowblowers still going during the heat of the day..2nd I was reminded of the crowded conditions that you get there & other points down south...Southern folk will come out to ski!
appskiah
November 11, 2007
Member since 09/16/2006 🔗
88 posts
No more snowmaking at Sugar for awhile. But there was good skiing today; the snow was quite edgeable and didn't firm up until around 1pm. I'll take what I can get in mid-November.

View from the 'top'

sorry, i don't know how to resize the photo and i'm too tired to fix it
comprex
November 12, 2007
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts
Much better this way, actually.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?