7 users
1k+ views
kwillg6
November 2, 2007
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
This from Accuweather:

Lake-Effect Snow ConcernsUpdated: Friday, November 02, 2007 7:53 AM
There is a cold front extending down from Canada that will usher in chilly temperatures for the beginning of the week into the Northeast. Lake-effect snow will accompany this cold blast early this week. The opportunity exists for accumulating snow at higher elevations; however, many places will get their first snowflakes of the year. Warm lake temperatures will enhance the availability of moisture in the chilly air to spark snow.

Story by AccuWeather.com Meteorologist Kate Walters.

I think it's almost time to switch!
jb714
November 2, 2007
Member since 03/4/2003 🔗
294 posts
 Quote:
I think it's almost time to switch!

Tried one recently called Black Dog Ale - has a picture of a black Labrador Retriever on the front. Slightly heavier/stronger than Bass Ale, with a bit more kick to it as well. Pretty decent bridge between Bass Ale and Guinness Extra Stout, which I generally drink when full-blown Winter sets in.
dcmidnight
November 2, 2007
Member since 11/11/2006 🔗
125 posts
Great choice. I've been drinking the Smuttynose Porter recently.

This is a great time of year. Total Wine starts to really stock up on a ton of great Winter Beers.
crunchy
November 2, 2007
Member since 02/22/2007 🔗
596 posts
 Originally Posted By: dcmidnight
Great choice. I've been drinking the Smuttynose Porter recently.

DUDE! Smuttynose Robust Porter is one of my favorite commercial brews ever! So tasty! nice hoppiness to it. very nice balance of hops and malts. nice chocolaty/nutty/mocha essence. \:\) and the ABV% (only 5.7) isn't rediculously high like alot of imperial porters or 'holiday' brews, so you can have a few without stumbling \:\)
SpringsRegular
November 4, 2007
Member since 10/14/2004 🔗
153 posts
I am drinking a Mad Elf right now. 11% with honey and cherry overtones.
Taylormatt
November 4, 2007
Member since 12/3/2004 🔗
339 posts
 Originally Posted By: SpringsRegular
I am drinking a Mad Elf right now. 11% with honey and cherry overtones.

Where you been hiding? Went up today for the pre-season meeting and met our new SSD. Very cool guy, I think he's going to do good things for us (I honestly mean this). Saw the new 6'er...you guys are gonna be BUSY over there on the weekends! The season is just around the corner. I'll be a weekend part timer from now on. We need to actually make turns together this year. Last year was crazy.
langleyskier
November 6, 2007
Member since 12/7/2004 🔗
824 posts
Looks like it is about time to switch form the summer beer of college kids: natural/bud light to the winter beer: keystone/coors light.. gotta love the high quality stuff us college kids drink

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?