hellbender burritos, Davis, WV
3 posts
3 users
1k+ views
johnfmh - DCSki Columnist
November 1, 2007
Member since 07/18/2001 🔗
1,986 posts
I stopped at Hellbender Burritos on the way to Timberline. I ordered a $6.95 Gendarme, which is a steak and mushroom burrito.

Excellent!! The steak was cooked to order and all other ingredients tasted fresh and yummy. They had $1 PBR pints, but I opted for a WV Brewing Company IPA instead at $3. Ok, I'm a snob. Sorry, but a quality beer in the district costs $5.50 or more so the IPA was still a bargain at $3.

Where in DC can you have a great affordable meal, sit in front of a fire, read a paper, watch TV and chill after a long drive? Nowhere!!!! Moreover, the service at Hellbender was fast and efficient. I highly recommend the place, especially if Sirianni's Pizza Cafe is busy and you are in a hurry. Refreshed, I had then had the energy to shop for the rest of the weekend meals at Shop-n-Save.

These are Hellbender's hours of operation:

Tuesday-Thursday: 11:30 AM to 9:00 PM
Friday & Saturday: 11:30 AM to 10:00 PM
Closed Mondays (Except Holidays)
http://www.hellbenderburritos.com/

PS The new bridge over the Blackwater river is open--just in time for the season.
lbotta - DCSki Supporter 
November 2, 2007
Member since 10/18/1999 🔗
1,535 posts
Is there a Coffeehouse or a place for Espresso in the vicinity? I'd make the trip from Snowshoe... just for variety's sake
crunchy
November 2, 2007
Member since 02/22/2007 🔗
596 posts
 Originally Posted By: lbotta
Is there a Coffeehouse or a place for Espresso in the vicinity? I'd make the trip from Snowshoe... just for variety's sake

not a dedicated shop as far as I know, but the finest establishment in the highlands, The Purple Fiddle, serves it up! \:\)
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?