Ski Swap at Pro-Fit?
4 posts
2 users
1k+ views
anon
October 29, 2007
Member since 11/17/2006 🔗
14 posts
What's the deal with this? I walked into the store on sept. 30 (day of their supposed first swap) and it seemed like business as usual? Do they have it out back or something? Also, how big was it, worth going to try and sell some of my stuff or is it not that popular? I know I missed the big one at ski center yesterday, should I try and go next weekend or wait until the ski expo in two weeks?
comprex
October 29, 2007
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts
- It was in the parking lot between Starbucks and Red Hot and Blue. Surprised you missed it; there were ski area (well Snowtime anyway) reps there as well that could have pointed you to it. It was quite well seeded with shop gear and the shop opened before regular hours as well, so hardly business as usual.

- Bigger than Ski Haus in Glen Burnie or Annapolis, about as big as Ski Chalet Germantown but with many more boots and much more skate gear. Brian D. seeds it with A LOT of junior boots.

- If you sell next weekend you don't have to go to the ski Expo, nor do you have to pay a second admission fee to collect your unsold gear*. Of course, if you were going to the Expo anyway...

* This makes a swap sale or swap purchase at the Expo quite a bit different, and less impulsive than one elsewhere. There is much less low-budget gear at the expo, and the sellers price their wares at top dollar for their value. I am not going to sell at the Expo, primarily because I only wish to drive out there once if that.

anon
October 29, 2007
Member since 11/17/2006 🔗
14 posts
comprex, thanks for the tips, hopefully i'll have better luck next weekend
comprex
October 29, 2007
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts
'k.

Don't forget about the DST change or you may not see much. ;\)

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.