6 posts
5 users
4k+ views
JimK - DCSki Columnist
October 23, 2007
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,964 posts

Earliest Memories of DCSki

I guess we haven't done this for a while and forgive me if this is the wrong forum category. I was thinking the recent article below by Scott on the 10 year history of http://www.dcski.com might be good fuel for an interesting thread.

http://www.dcski.com/articles/view_article.php?article_id=1012&mode=headlines

Who has memories of the early days of DCSki and/or what are your earliest memories of DCSki? Anybody reading this participate during the email-newsletter days? Whether you go back 10 years or 10 days, when/how did you stumble on to DCSki, what especially caught your interest, and what keeps you coming back?

I first came upon it in the Fall of 1999 via some routine surfing of the web. I liked the format immediately and the mid-Atlantic focus. Given my years of local skiing experiences it wasn't long before I couldn't resist posting wind-bag opinions and offering miscellaneous reports/input on regional skiing. DCSki has been a great source of fun, info, and inspiration ever since.
kwillg6
October 23, 2007
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
Only been an addict for a couple of years now. I admit I have a problem, but I just have to keep coming back for more....way too much fun and have met some other really great addicts here as well. Plus the info and message board is the biblical equal for mid atlantic resorts and up to the minute conditions. Lotsa interesting people, lotsa ;).
David
October 23, 2007
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
 Originally Posted By: kwillg6
Plus the info and message board is the biblical equal for mid atlantic resorts and up to the minute conditions.

I couldn't agree more. I have been a lurker/poster for about 5 years now and I still love it as much as ever. A lot of people don't really understand the power of an online forum. The wealth of information (especially firsthand) is limitless. I like DCSki not only because skiing is my favorite thing to do, but also because I am always learning new things, getting "live" information, and also enjoy sharing info with people as best as I can. The insight that I have gained on this site about skiing in the Mid Atlantic has been infinitely helpful over the years. Much thanks to Scott and everyone in the DCSki community!!!!
fishnski
October 24, 2007
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
The Message forum didn't start till 2000 it looks like..I came on the scene in 01 with Johnf"s "Almost Heaven" article. CKing the forum out in 00 I noticed a few Vets like Ibotta,JimK,Jim & JohnL...oh & of course Scott...any others?.....PS.. Looked like a warm start to the 98/99 season..but Canaan finished with an ave year of 150 that year.
JimK - DCSki Columnist
October 25, 2007
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,964 posts
Enjoyed looking through some of Bawalker's links. Scary how almost nothing is ever totally wiped from the web??
Waiting to hear some GGNagy recollections:-)

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?