Controversy with the Lost River dams.
3 posts
2 users
bawalker
October 21, 2007
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
Hey everyone, I just posted on the website some of the latest happenings with the Lower Cove Site #16 dam where the attorney for the Potomac Valley Soil Conservation pokes fun at us local residents who were there to observe the most recent monthly meeting.

http://www.savelostriver.org
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
October 21, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Brad,
Which one of the folks in the group picture is you?
By the way, I do not recall ever hearing about an elected board anywhere with so much power, no readily available means to contradict their decisions, and such a sneaky way to get elected. But obviously some group, at some time, managed to get this board concept through the political wickets.
The Colonel \:\)
bawalker
October 21, 2007
Member since 12/1/2003 🔗
1,547 posts
I'm the guy in the back with glasses and the baseball cap.

In regards to the elected board... they started out back in the 30's up here in the rural community when things weren't strictly adhered too and truely was a good ole boys club. Over the past 80 years or so it's remained unchallenged and has conducted their meetings illegally, went about business illegally, and no one locally really knows about them because they are never on the general election ballot. We are bringing light to the situation and they are like roaches who get light shined on them, they run and hate it.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.