5 users
2k+ views
Roger Z
October 1, 2007
Member since 01/16/2004 🔗
2,181 posts
You know...

YOU KNOW...

Last year Sandra and I had a terrible, terrible experience at Deer Valley. It was bad, but the way their "customer service" department treated us afterward just made everything go from bad to hellacious. So I saiz to myself, I saiz "self," that's what I saiz, "I'm never spending another dollar- nay, another TIN NICKLE- at that lousy stinkin' good for nothin' hole-in-the-wall place again.

So what does Deer Valley go and do this year? Yeah, they opened 200 acres of new ski terrain this year:

http://www.deervalley.com/about.html

And it's almost all black and double-black diamond ski terrain!!! THIS IS EVIL!!!!!!!!! I HATE THEM! They can't even make me stick to my promise!!! Jerks.

As it is, I may not be able to make the family ski trip to Park City this year because of work and El Salvador constraints (work constraints=bad, El Salvador constraints="hey, it's gonna snow next winter too"). But NOW, thanks to Deer Valley, now I might have to quit my job just so I can try out the new terrain. Grrrrrrrrr.... sometimes, I hate being addicted to skiing.
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
October 1, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
I can not imagine a bad ski experience at Deer Valley, nor customer reps that made it worse!
The Colonel \:\)
tromano
October 2, 2007
Member since 12/19/2002 🔗
998 posts
Rog,

Send me a pm if you are going to be UT this winter and want to meet up to ski.
Roger Z
October 2, 2007
2,181 posts
It wasn't a bad skiing experience, it was a bad apres-ski experience. And yeah, the customer reps made it worse. Long story. Anyway, darn them for expanding their resort.
SpringsRegular
October 2, 2007
Member since 10/14/2004 🔗
153 posts
The Daly chutes always provide a nice black diamond challenge. And there is hardly ever anyone back there.
Roger Z
October 2, 2007
2,181 posts
My friends in the other Washington will like this. 1,000 acres of new terrain thanks to a SINGLE chairlift (is it possible for one lift to service that much terrain???):

http://www.skicrystal.com/1729.html

I was hoping for a late season trip to Seattle, this expansion was the reason. If I make it to UT though there'll be no way I can make it to Crystal. Decisions, decisions... Crystal does have some of the gnarliest terrain in the U.S. (I'm told), but I could stay longer at Park City. Sheesh...
comprex
October 2, 2007
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts

Meh, it's easy to avoid going to DV, just bring 2-3 snowboarder friends, i.e. not enough to fill a separate truck. In fact, that is the reason I haven't been back since, lessee, January 1994.

Crystal. Hmmm. Blast you into pennilessness, RogerZ, the last thing I need is another must-do!
Roger Z
October 2, 2007
2,181 posts
That's alright, at least you won't have to explain- in Spanish- to your parents in law why you're spending all the wedding money on ski trips.
comprex
October 2, 2007
Member since 04/11/2003 🔗
1,326 posts
Roger Z at least I have 9 years of castellano instruction

(instead of trying to make out thick Sicilian dialect with a 30-year-old smattering of tourist-resort-Milanese)

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.