new to the board
8 posts
6 users
2k+ views
Straight Shot
August 16, 2007
Member since 08/16/2007 🔗
53 posts
Howdy. I'm new to the board but have been reading form it for a while now. I'm a local to HV but I don't live there most of the year. I'm a skier and a rider. Ski mostly cause I like doing freestyle in my free time but have fallen back a bit form specializing in it and do more all-mountain riding and love to take trips to Vermont. Starting riding before skiing, then stopped for a while and only did it off and on, but now jumped back into it again and do a lot better. In the summer months I rode bike and occasionally go to a bmx track and I also like hiking and camping. As of the past year, I started building furniture out of old skis and am soon to start building a houses worth of furniture for when I am on my own completely. So once I get a few more pieces under my belt, I can post a list of what all I can make and will be taking orders if anyone would like anything made.
JimK - DCSki Columnist
August 17, 2007
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,971 posts
Welcome SS. Hope you'll tell or show us more about your ski furniture in the future. And keep us informed on how things are going at HV too.
Straight Shot
August 18, 2007
53 posts
Once I get some pics of my bench, night-stand, and adirondack chair, I will post them up and also the next things I am going to make. I'm gonna start using some poles in the furniture next. Any time I get any real info from HV I will be sure to tell cause I won't only the best for my favorite resort.
crunchy
August 22, 2007
Member since 02/22/2007 🔗
596 posts
welcome sir! I too am interested in seeing pics of the furniture because Ive been thinking about making a coffee table from some old "long boards" I still have. maybe use some old poles and boots for the legs \:\)
Crush
August 22, 2007
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,271 posts
hi i can only say i changed my hairstyle today. oh and i got a job that kicks a$$. i moved from ut 2 dc and this is THE BEST SITE ever!

You picked the best place - and all of the regulars kick!

Welcome!
kwillg6
August 23, 2007
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,067 posts
Does straight shot refer to your skiing or drinking style???? Welcome to the site! You'll find us to be a (uh-hum) vocal lot and lots of fun as well. Crush has it right, it is the best!
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
August 23, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
Welcome Straight Shot!! Lotsof good info and folks on this site.
Hope to meet you on the slopes this year.
Again, Welcome!
The Colonel
Straight Shot
August 25, 2007
53 posts
As regular to HV, Straight Shot refers to the old slope name of what is now Comet on the Summit side of the mtn. It is a long time favorite name because nobody who really skis at HV calls Comet Comet, they call it Straight Shot. I also happen to have the original trail sign in the rear window of my car and drive around with it there with great pride. I was even spotted on the turnpike before by other HV natives because I had the sign in my window. One thing though about my drinking style, Jack Daniels taken "straight" on a "straight" ski in the form of a shot ski is my favored way, but we have made a list of shots for each trail sign (green circle, blue square, black diamond).

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.