2 New Canaan Area Webcams
5 posts
4 users
3k+ views
wvrocks
July 9, 2007
Member since 11/9/2004 🔗
262 posts
Wunderground.com recently added a webcam feature to thier personal weather station data feeds. I just added mine on Friday and its up and running. The Pointy Knob station has one looking North into Canaan, mine overlooks Mt. Porte Crayon. Sorry about the quality on mine, I just had a cheapo camera laying around. I'm hoping to get a better camera soon. Here's a link to both of the webcams.

KWVDRYFO2 Webcam
TWV60S Webcam
fishnski
July 9, 2007
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
Awesome..Good work WVROCKS! That farm looks like the one in front of my house...Thats my view & I'm tickled pink!! The Pointy Knob cam looks to be pointng towards the Dolly Sods cam....Good stuff..About 5 degress Diff between your place at 2800' & Pointy Knob Station at 3750'..A 10 min(from your place) drive & someone could have a picnic up in the upper 70's with low humidity while DC bakes close to a hundred today!
jonjon1
July 10, 2007
Member since 09/11/2006 🔗
187 posts
It was pleasant yesterday in Davis with a high of only 82 degrees!
crunchy
July 10, 2007
Member since 02/22/2007 🔗
596 posts
speaking of CV weather.. do storms up there ever cause any interference with satellite tv? I decided to just buy an HD dish off ebay and take a spare box up there instead of paying for service in 2 places, since technically satellite is portable.

When the Redskins are in the playoffs I'll promise to host an apres' ski BBQ for the game \:\)
wvrocks
July 10, 2007
Member since 11/9/2004 🔗
262 posts
Yeah storms will occasionally knock out the signal. At least on my older dish 500 they would. We just had Dish HD installed yesterday and haven't had any storms since then to see if its any better. I would assume its not. Ours only goes out during extremely heavy rain or snow and when the dish gets coated in wet snow. We set the dish up where we can reach it with a broom to remove snow when needed. Usually it works just fine though.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.