Ski Area Improvements??
5 posts
5 users
1k+ views
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
July 7, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts
OK, let's try to scoop Scott's late summer/fall interviews with managers from the various local ski areas. Anybody aware of changes for the coming winter, and does anyone know the status and details, have pictures???
Have not seen anything recent on the Seven Springs lift and slope changes.
What else is new?
The Colonel \:\)
teleman
July 7, 2007
Member since 07/8/2005 🔗
186 posts
This is unconfirmed, but I heard Timberline will be installing a new water fountain for 07/08 and the 08/09 improvements will include reconstructing the collapsed deck section.
crunchy
July 8, 2007
Member since 02/22/2007 🔗
596 posts
 Originally Posted By: teleman
This is unconfirmed, but I heard Timberline will be installing a new water fountain for 07/08 and the 08/09 improvements will include reconstructing the collapsed deck section.

haha, nice one \:\) altho to be honest, the rustic vibe of the place is a big reason I like it. Some lift improvements would be a nice treat, and maybe to occasionally groom the whales off The Drop \:\)
fishnski
July 8, 2007
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts
Now..that there's funny teleman!...I think they are adding a new flaver to the cappuccino machine too!..What happened to all the talk about Canaan ski area getting 25 mill pumped into it?? They were looking for a new mang Co & things were looking to improve...WUZZZZZ UPPP?
jimmy
August 27, 2007
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Actually teleman, i've think u got those dates backwards, i stopped there for lunch about a month ago. Seems they had a team of injuneers study the situation and they stacked the blocks back up under the deck and were able to save it right down to the old deck boards. They are also painting the lift towers, but i'm afraid that you're gonna have to wait til 08/09 for that new water fountain .

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?