Boyce Park Pittsbugh
4 posts
4 users
1k+ views
oldensign - DCSki Columnist
July 6, 2007
Member since 02/27/2007 🔗
499 posts
Does anyone know if Boyce park in Pittsbugh still offers skiing? Rumor has it they sold the gear.
Laurel Hill Crazie - DCSki Supporter 
July 6, 2007
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
2,038 posts
Boyce was closed last year because the entire facility is being upgraded. Among the upgrade is the installation of a tubing park, new lifts and improved snow making. I won't be surprised if there are improvements in the terrain park too, that would be wise in this urban setting.I'll have to get over there and see for myself. I hope they'll upgrade their rentals too. I'll get back with a full report later.

Boyce Park is the type of urban based learning area that this industry needs to survive. It continues to operate because of Allegheny County funds. I get to Boyce a few times a season with newbies in tow. Give them some business this winter then tell us about it.

Boyce Park is where I first skied the trees.
Denis - DCSki Supporter 
July 6, 2007
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,337 posts
I skied Boyce Park many times while a grad student in Pittsburgh in the late 60s. I am happy to learn that it is still in business and being upgraded.
RobertW
July 6, 2007
Member since 10/14/2004 🔗
199 posts
If I go by there before LHC does and I have my camera, I'll post some pictures. I live about 15 minutes away and taught my wife, daughters and countless others to ski there. Despite its shallow pitch, I used to love to ski the unlit woods to the extreme skiers left at night when there was enough snow. It goes to show you don't need 2 feet of powder and a 35 degree pitch to have fun skiing!

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.